Anyone have the Garrett detector backpack?

Yeah, that's the pack I was looking at. I want to be able to hike into the woods with my metal detector in the pack so no one knows what I'm doing.

Yeah, that's the pack I was looking at. I want to be able to hike into the woods with my metal detector in the pack so no one knows what I'm doing.
The Minelab one is higher quality than the Garrett.

Attachments

• minelab_backpack_1f.jpg
    minelab_backpack_1f.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2,382
Since Garrett doesn't make that bag but just slaps their name on a mass produced one.....I would get another bag. That way you could save a few bucks,probably end up with a higher quality bag and have one that fits your exact needs. A military style backpack would be much better in my opinion.

Here is one I have and you can fit days worth of things in it. Never used it for detecting but have hung rifles,full size camera tripods and other things from it with no problem.Also comes with a hydration pack for those hot days! Great quality and only $45 bucks on Ebay.

Also comes in other colors.lol
ACU3DayPAck.jpg

Did some more searching and found a video showing the tag which had manufacturer model # since it's hard to find this Minelab backpack (might be discontinued). This is the SAME BACKPACK minus the Minelab logo and much cheaper than Minelab wanted for it.

http://www.amazon.com/Amaro-22004-Sahara-Backpack/dp/B001973CR6

Also available here from same third party seller but may be cheaper if you don't live in CA but do live in a state where Amazon charges tax.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...c=KNC-GoogleMKP-_-pla-_-Bags-_-9SIA00Y0A80216

Attachments

• 31WGQaMKeGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    31WGQaMKeGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 660
The Garrett backpack is complete junk. It's a freebie quality pack at best. I was pretty ticked when I received it 2 years ago :mad:

Zippers are garbage, stitching is bare minimal, and the material itself is just cheap and thin.

Duffle Bag vs. Back Pack

I have a brand new Garrett AT Pro that came with an "Accessories Pack". It included the Garrett digging tool, a collection pouch with an internal pocket for the good stuff and a larger pocket for your trash, and a duffle bag.

The duffle bag looks a little like those used for rifles but is wider to accommodate the MD. I have never used it. It is still in the original package-- it just seems a bit impractical unless I'm going to the airport. In which case it is not nearly padded enough. I does contain a great amount of pockets on the outside. Here's the link to the one I have but I prefer to use my back pack instead.

http://www.garrettcentral.com/product/universal-detector-soft-case-digital-camouflage

Back Pack

I should add that I am very hard on back packs. I have blown out three in 4 years and it was not due to metal detecting. It usually due to traveling with them.

The reason I have not tried the new Garrett pack (as nice as it is) is because it is nearly 4 feet long. Great for packing the detector but doesn't seem practical for traipsing through wooded areas. Maybe I will give it a try on my first group/club hunt coming up in April. I'll let you know.

I have a brand new Garrett AT Pro that came with an "Accessories Pack". It included the Garrett digging tool, a collection pouch with an internal pocket for the good stuff and a larger pocket for your trash, and a duffle bag.

The duffle bag looks a little like those used for rifles but is wider to accommodate the MD. I have never used it. It is still in the original package-- it just seems a bit impractical unless I'm going to the airport. In which case it is not nearly padded enough. I does contain a great amount of pockets on the outside. Here's the link to the one I have but I prefer to use my back pack instead.

http://www.garrettcentral.com/product/universal-detector-soft-case-digital-camouflage

Thats the one I just got with my AT, I guess you have to break down the detector in order to put it in the case.

Has anyone tried to put one in this type of case and if so how did you do it?

All you have to do is slide the stem up to its shortest length and then it all fits in the pack with a little room to spare. What I like most about it is having everything in one bag and ready to go at a moments notice. It keeps things clean and neatly organized. It might be a bit hard to cross a fence trying to wear it at the same time, but it's not hard to slip off and back on again.
BuznWG

I had one. It is probably the worst bag I've ever owned. The threads started fraying and the plastic inner material started separating and I hardly used it. The zippers are dollar-store grade. You're much better off with a military surplus bag which is what I use now.

Sorry - in response to Kelpike post# 20

The second one comes free with a great metal detector and the other looks fantastically awesome, but I cannot find where I can buy one - can you please help?

I have the large green backpack that I got free with my At Pro. It has lots of places to put my stuff and fits my detector. I would definitely recommend it for light use. Its gonna fall apart if you use it lots.

I've never seen the Fisher pack before. That Minelab pack is REALLY nice. Our club had one in a raffle drawing and believe me I was very sad when I didn't win. I was tempted to snitch it when the winner wasn't looking. :lol: Thanks for keeping this thread going. Gonna look for the hunters pack because I need something for my woods hunting.

Back
Top Bottom