A Cool Silver Souvenir From Egypt As Well As Other Stuff

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
Here are some finds I am just getting around to posting from last week. Haven't felt too motivated to make a post, but here they are.

The best find is an Egyptian revival silver and enamel basket charm locket from the 1920's. It took me a while to realize that the image is the Sphinx on the front. These were brought back as souvenirs from Egypt and it would have had a baby Moses inside it, but it was missing. Sort of cool thinking about this piece and how it made it half way around the world to be lost here in California 100 years ago.

I also found 4 silver coins, an 1887 injun, a smashed silver ring, and over 40 wheats.

Thanks for looking!
Jason

Attachments

• 186A0C4C-4B3B-4C13-9C6B-FB085F6CC90E.jpg
    186A0C4C-4B3B-4C13-9C6B-FB085F6CC90E.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_4737.jpg
    IMG_4737.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_4748.jpg
    IMG_4748.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_4771.jpg
    IMG_4771.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 329
Nice finds and great pic as usual. That’s the first Egyptian Revival Silver I recall being posted. Nice.

Glad you made the post Jason. I understand the lack of motivation. Will try to make a post again this week myself even though the finds have been pretty sparse. Congrats on the Silver's, the Indian along with all the rest The Egyption Souvenir Charm is a very neat recovery, for sure a rare find here in the U.S.. Trapper

Very nice finds congrats! Unique Egyptian revival goods, and almost a roll of wheats. Always nice to see old silver like the Mercs. Even a few marbles, still trying to find my first one of those even if they are common for some. :D

With the corrosion of the Indian and one of the Mercs, and overall condition of the others, I have to ask are these finds from the ocean? Or wet salt beach sand for years?

Nice finds and great pic as usual. That’s the first Egyptian Revival Silver I recall being posted. Nice.
Thanks buddy. It’s the first I’ve heard of Egyptian revival silver too.
Glad you made the post Jason. I understand the lack of motivation. Will try to make a post again this week myself even though the finds have been pretty sparse. Congrats on the Silver's, the Indian along with all the rest The Egyption Souvenir Charm is a very neat recovery, for sure a rare find here in the U.S.. Trapper
Thanks Trapper and I always appreciate your comments. Hope you’re doing well.
Very nice finds congrats! Unique Egyptian revival goods, and almost a roll of wheats. Always nice to see old silver like the Mercs. Even a few marbles, still trying to find my first one of those even if they are common for some. :D

With the corrosion of the Indian and one of the Mercs, and overall condition of the others, I have to ask are these finds from the ocean? Or wet salt beach sand for years?
Thanks for the comment. No not from the beach.
Very nice finds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks CW
Very nice finds Jam! That Egyptian silver charm is awesome!
Thanks Ron!

Congrats Jam, always enjoy your posts because 1. They always have silver 2. There are always relics and 3. There's always a marble. Come to think of it, I found my first marble today :p. The Egypt piece is awesome

Hey everyone,
Here are some finds I am just getting around to posting from last week. ......

Wow, your soil was cruel that IH ! :no:

I've figured it out. JamFlicker has permission for the underworld. All of the silver that sank, and sank, and sank. All of those charred coins! The delayed reports! He's going down there scooping it up while us chumps are up here fighting over scraps. Not sure about the marbles though. Maybe it's the official pastime.

Congrats on all the nice finds!
Thank you
I've figured it out. JamFlicker has permission for the underworld. All of the silver that sank, and sank, and sank. All of those charred coins! The delayed reports! He's going down there scooping it up while us chumps are up here fighting over scraps. Not sure about the marbles though. Maybe it's the official pastime.
Haha:laughing:
Congrats Jam, always enjoy your posts because 1. They always have silver 2. There are always relics and 3. There's always a marble. Come to think of it, I found my first marble today :p. The Egypt piece is awesome
Thanks, I appreciate the post. Congrats on your first marble, that's cool!
Wow, your soil was cruel that IH ! :no:
Yeah, it is.
Nice saves, keep it up.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom