A Gold And Silver Kind Of Day!

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

Lady luck was with me today. I met my buddy at t an old neighborhood, and we headed down to the river for some gold prospecting. When we returned, I noticed a younf feller cutting grass at this old boarded up house. Judging from the tree's size, it was "huge" so probably old. I asked him if we could metal detect on the property. He went and called his mom and see said yes, but only the front. Our plan was to do some metal detecting anyways, so this was bonus. I got a couple of silver dimes, a 1941 Wheat Cent, part of an old kids ring and some other newer clad. My buddy had to leave early, so I am not sure how he fared out.

Here's the gold. We left our highbankers at home. We each screened river gravel to about 1/16" in our buckets. We each ran our screened sand through a fluid bed concentrator, which we set up beside the river. If you want to see how a fluid bed concentrator works, just click on the link below for a real short demonstration. The pic above is my portion, which was cleaned up using my blue bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsK6h00JIs0&t=9s

Attachments

• rcm-gold-concentrator-c-quicksand_1_685d38957961eb280a4aff937eb907c7.jpg
    rcm-gold-concentrator-c-quicksand_1_685d38957961eb280a4aff937eb907c7.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 218
Back
Top Bottom