What to get? Sell me on something good

mws_1984

Elite Member
So been out of the game a bit. Had a cheap Radio Shack detector then upgraded to a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. That my last time out had issues with it then just lost interest and life came along I guess. Now looking to get back into it again.

I'd like to get something long term that I'll be happy with for a while. People keep telling me either the MineLab 600 or 800 models.
I guess at this point I'd go big or go home lol. But sell me on something I'd be happy with long term and will find good stuff.

I don’t think you’ll find any shortage of Equinox fans here. Hard to recommend Whites at this point seeing as they’re closing. Garrett has the new Apex too which isn’t out yet though.

If you never hunted anything but yards and parks, I might say buy a gently used Etrac. If you hunted relics or water get an Equinox. If buying new the Equinox is the best all around bang for the buck right now. I am extremely partial to the Equinox 800. It constantly amazes me.

If I am not in a fairly trash free spot I just can't parse out targets with an Etrac. Maybe I have not devoted enough time to it. I do really like it in clean places like yards and parks. They are deep detectors. Give me a Equinox 800 and I can pull targets out of iron or non-ferrous trash. I have 100's and 100's of hours on the Equinox though. Park2 and 5 tones is my meat and potatoes.

Back
Top Bottom