Is this some junk ring or could it be more...?

leantotail

This ring was found near a civil war battle sight. I also found a minni ball in the area. Look like an iron cross emblem and I'm thinking it was worn a lot. Look how it's thinned out on the band palm side. And not sure what type of metal it is. Was thinking maybe pewter. What do you guys think? I'm thinking junk but since it was found in an historic area wanted some more opinions.
ovpUbcw.jpg

Y9J3lN3.jpg

zPCpgqw.jpg

This ring was found near a civil war battle sight. I also found a minni ball in the area. Look like an iron cross emblem and I'm thinking it was worn a lot. Look how it's thinned out on the band palm side. And not sure what type of metal it is. Was thinking maybe pewter. What do you guys think? I'm thinking junk but since it was found in an historic area wanted some more opinions.

ovpUbcw.jpg

Y9J3lN3.jpg

zPCpgqw.jpg
Check if it's magnetic. Looks like a junker to me but who knows. Also check the inside of the band for stamps like 925 or sterling.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Check if it's magnetic. Looks like a junker to me but who knows. Also check the inside of the band for stamps like 925 or sterling.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Not magnetic. First thing I did since I thought it may be steel. And no hallmarks or anything. Thanks.

Doesn't look civ to me; the finish, dents on the underside. Still kind of cool though.

Definitely looks newer than the Civil War, at least by a bit. Shot in the dark here, but could it be a piece of veterans memorabilia from after the War? (GAR group visiting battle sites, etc.) Does generally look to have the same design as the Union Army V Corps Badge. Unique insignia for each Corps-level organization in the Army. But that could just be circumstantial, as the design has been used in many other applications as well.

A very interesting find!

Back
Top Bottom