St. Augustine north to Amelia Island

imalookin2

"In Memory Of"
Forum Supporter
I posted once before but nobody replied. I water and beach hunt the beaches on the east coast FL but as a newbie I am learning. I will drive as far south as Vilano Beach and north as far as Amelia Island/Fernando beach for day trips. I have one water PI and one Tesoro uMax. I can hunt beach or land. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up. Just looking to learn more and have fun....Thanks!

Whats up buddy,
I am here in Jacksonville and was actually looking for a buddy to hunt with in North East Florida as well. I have a guy that I detect with but he is down in St. Auggie and is adamant about strictly hunting the beaches down there. Yes they produce but I like hunting dirt a little more than sand. The finds aren't as corroded and beat up. Getting Coquina and heavy corrosion off some Iron from the 1800's is for the birds! I still don't have a good way to do it. I am a lover of history and do a ton of research to narrow my search area to better my odds of finding things. I also like to just grab and go as well. If your still looking for someone to share ideas with and do some hunting I have some great ideas and have some spots picked out to pursue around our neck of the woods!

Whats up buddy,
I am here in Jacksonville and was actually looking for a buddy to hunt with in North East Florida as well. I have a guy that I detect with but he is down in St. Auggie and is adamant about strictly hunting the beaches down there. Yes they produce but I like hunting dirt a little more than sand. The finds aren't as corroded and beat up. Getting Coquina and heavy corrosion off some Iron from the 1800's is for the birds! I still don't have a good way to do it. I am a lover of history and do a ton of research to narrow my search area to better my odds of finding things. I also like to just grab and go as well. If your still looking for someone to share ideas with and do some hunting I have some great ideas and have some spots picked out to pursue around our neck of the woods!
Hi Scott11589, I see you are new here on the forum. Welcome and please post introducing yourself in the General area with some specifics on what you hunt and your machines. I normally hunt jewelry on the beaches but dirt hunt too as the weather cools. What machine do you use? Can you post some pics of your finds? It would be real nice to know more about you and your hunting style. You posted getting corrosion off some Iron from the 1800's is tough....there is no 1800's iron on the beach to clean. It would have long ago rusted away to nothing. Kind of strange you picked my post out to reply first time here on this forum. Don't be shy, say HI to the forum and let us get to know you. HH

welcome from s.w. mo. would like to get into water mding, but still not sure which machine. lots of creeks and lakes in my part of mo. blev

Back
Top Bottom