South bullet beach just keeps giving and giving (updated)

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Two of yesterdays finds along with a gazillion shotgun pellets and other assorted bullets and a few clad coins. Nobody wants to see those but here's the two good things!

Jim found an old toy soldier - maybe he will post pics :)

I've been watching the sand pile up on North bullet beach and now it's covering half of bullet beach.... the good times are coming to an end for awhile I do believe!

Today I found a few charms, those are the second photo which I'm cleaning now :)

UPDATE: Just tested the green/gold monkey and it tests positive for 10k. Clearly though it has other metals too though as it's collecting that green in some spots. So far tumbling has not removed it.

Anyone know what this monkey is from or what it's called?

UPDATE 2: Cleaned up the charm some CREEPY! (photo added)

Attachments

• 2 rings 1-15-15.jpg
    2 rings 1-15-15.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 660
  • 1-16-15 before.jpg
    1-16-15 before.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 585
  • monkey.jpg
    monkey.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 517
  • CREEPY charm.jpg
    CREEPY charm.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 675
Wow! Nice going. You are killing me. I am sooooo jealous. Not necessarily of all your good finds, but of the amount of time you have to get out and explore. That bigfoot coil is on fire! I hope you are keeping all your bullets. It would be neat to see your collection after you get all you can get.

Wow! Nice going. You are killing me. I am sooooo jealous. Not necessarily of all your good finds, but of the amount of time you have to get out and explore. That bigfoot coil is on fire! I hope you are keeping all your bullets. It would be neat to see your collection after you get all you can get.

I have a box of them now :) There are so many on the beach for miles that I just swing over them and leave them for now as I listen for that gold sound instead. This area of the beach had to be a shooting range or something once upon a time.

Do you find the casings as well? I know the small .22 ones sound good on my machine.

Some of the bullets - The shotgun pellets? sound like nickels :( Finding unshot bullets but not many casings at all.

Attachments

• bullets.jpg
    bullets.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 697
Do you find the casings as well? I know the small .22 ones sound good on my machine.

For several weeks last month just south of the pier there were bullet casings of all types of calibers washing up all over the beach. This area I'm in now is far away from that area and there's almost no casings unless it's a whole bullet.

I thought the casings by the pier may be from the three homeland security boats that you can see chasing each other doing maneuvers and you can hear them rapid fire shooting at each other. Kind of neat but their casings, if they are theirs, are annoying as you're right some of them sound really good on the detector.

You have the most obscene monkey I have ever seen. I don't believe I just said that to a woman. :cool: Sorry, nothing personal but your monkey needs to keep his hands in his pockets.

Good job on the rings... that monkey or whatever it is is ugly... melt it right away :D

The charm you have (in 10k) is the emblem of the Royal Order of Jesters. This is a Shrine group dedicated to having fun after its more serious work is done.

The charm you have (in 10k) is the emblem of the Royal Order of Jesters. This is a Shrine group dedicated to having fun after its more serious work is done.

Thanks! Maybe it would make a good tree topper for Larrys ring tree. :P

Back
Top Bottom