PD/Gold prices

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Looks like the Russians are playing with PD and gold prices again. We may well benefit. I saw PD drop $45 and now gold went up $35. Makes me want to sell sell sell.:laughing: Im hoping we keep the pressure on with low gas prices.... sure helps with the expensive of hitting those beaches. Id say its making the Russians look to other places to put their money other than their currency right now.

alot of my precious metal sites are telling me tomorrow is going to be a huge day in terms of psychological price levels. If gold and silver can rise another day at this point it may take off like we have not seen in a while. If it can not hit these important levels we might be in for a boring ride.

Keep an eye on the next few days. I wouldn't sell anything just yet.

Just when you think you got it figured out...it goes the other direction leaving you totally:shrug: The Swiss are getting ready for the ECB to pull the trigger on QE. Did QE 1,2 & 3 work here? Jury's out on that one. Watch the 10yr:wow:
Only thing for sure is volatility in 2015.

Just when you think you got it figured out...it goes the other direction leaving you totally:shrug: The Swiss are getting ready for the ECB to pull the trigger on QE. Did QE 1,2 & 3 work here? Jury's out on that one. Watch the 10yr:wow:

10yr...getcha 10yr...a buck and tree quarters :shock:

Lot of hedgies had their cheerios pissed in this morning. SNB front running ECB QE and taking it on the chin in the process. Curious how bad they see things getting that they would do something like this. QE 1,2,3 did exactly as they were supposed to so yes they did work. (if you're one of the well connected standing close to the spigot) Everyone else, not so much.

Back to Pd, it's mostly an industrial metal, not a monetary one, so I would not expect it to hold up well. It's primary use is as an auto catalyst. Gasoline demand is way down, as are wages which translates into less demand for catalytic converters, hence less demand for PGM's (palladium being the worst of the group) I'm surprised platinum is holding up so well right now. Not sure what you mean by "Russia is playing with PD again" What interest could they have in suppressing the price of PD if that's what you're getting at? The kicker here will be when Vlad comes out, shuts off gas to Europe, then demands payment in gold or roubles. I see a lot of weakness in the Pd market right now. Even with metals ramping up today, it's already rolled over and turned negative. It's one to keep an eye on for future purchase. If I had palladium for sale, I'd be dumping it here.

Thursday afternoon headlines..."US stock market posts huge rally in late trading thanks to ECB QE rumors, gold tanks"!
or
"Stock Market loses mounting on bad China data, red metal meltdown and Draghi dovishness".

Packers vs. Patriots Feb 1st?

Pt group metals taking it on the chin again today while g&s are running.

I'll be awaiting Pd with open arms when she hits $600

mmmm

I would like to see gas around a buck a gallon, I see a variety of different prices at different gas stations, the ones that try to milk you for extra, don't get my cash, why haven't the food prices dropped, the stores are also milking us, when fuel drops , food is supposed to drop, Earl

SM.... you are dreaming. You should know by now they always have a reason. Man ya gold is wanting to make a move UP. Hits $1300 and ill sell a little off i guess..... some of the low grade stuff.

Dew

QE worked in the US real well. Jury's verdict is already in. :yes:

The US added over 250,000 jobs in December and unemployment rate has fallen to 5.6%. The Federal Reserve has sharply cut its forecast for inflation this year, saying it will remain far below its 2% target through 2015.

I would like to see gas around a buck a gallon, I see a variety of different prices at different gas stations, the ones that try to milk you for extra, don't get my cash, why haven't the food prices dropped, the stores are also milking us, when fuel drops , food is supposed to drop, Earl

Gas at a buck per gallon may feel good...temporarily, but it would be an economic disaster. At that price, most all US producing wells would have to be capped off and the workers laid off. The advances the US has made in developing our energy independence would be for nought.

2015 expected stats..... 50,000,000 on food stamps. 115,000,000 not in the work force. These are propaganda free #s. And don't forget an increasing debt level which is already around $50,000 per US citizen... If everything is so rosy why not increase rates to a normal level

I believe the December unemployment rates were just the seasonal workers . I heard this morning on the news that the unemployment offices were getting busy again .

SM.... you are dreaming. You should know by now they always have a reason. Man ya gold is wanting to make a move UP. Hits $1300 and ill sell a little off i guess..... some of the low grade stuff.

Dew

Dew, you got so much gold, you better sell some or get a bigger safe to keep it in,,,,,,:laughing:GL HH

2015 expected stats..... 50,000,000 on food stamps. 115,000,000 not in the work force. These are propaganda free #s. And don't forget an increasing debt level which is already around $50,000 per US citizen... If everything is so rosy why not increase rates to a normal level

I believe the December unemployment rates were just the seasonal workers . I heard this morning on the news that the unemployment offices were getting busy again .

The question was wether QE worked in the US. It has.

The question was wether QE worked in the US. It has.

Depends on your point of view.
5 million kids under age 18 on food stamps. 2.5 million kids under the age of 18 in the USA right now are homeless. Should we ask them how QE has worked out for them? Or the senior citizens trying to scrape it by every month with bank accounts paying %0 interest and the government fudging inflation #s. Or the thousands of companies across the globe that took advantage of the free USD loans and weak dollar only to not be able to repay now with a DXY going parabolic.
Lets face it, QE worked in the US..... if you had a nice chunk of change sitting in stocks. Everyone else... Well.. the fact is anyone that actually cared was cut off at the knees long ago.

Depends on your point of view.
5 million kids under age 18 on food stamps. 2.5 million kids under the age of 18 in the USA right now are homeless. Should we ask them how QE has worked out for them? Or the senior citizens trying to scrape it by every month with bank accounts paying %0 interest and the government fudging inflation #s. Or the thousands of companies across the globe that took advantage of the free USD loans and weak dollar only to not be able to repay now with a DXY going parabolic.
Lets face it, QE worked in the US..... if you had a nice chunk of change sitting in stocks. Everyone else... Well.. the fact is anyone that actually cared was cut off at the knees long ago.

The question is: what were those statistics like when we were in the middle of the economic collapse in the US? And yes, I was strictly speaking about QE in the US.

Look, for example at these charts and explanations on food stamp recipients. Note how the curves show that we have started to decrease the number of recipients in the past couple of years? http://www.trivisonno.com/food-stamps-charts

Food-Stamps-Percent.jpg

I know beef prices are high due to the drought 2 yrs ago. A lot of ranchers sent their herds to slaughter early as a result so there was a glut of supply that temporarily drove prices down. That glut is gone and higher prices are here to stay...at least for a little while.

I'm wondering how long until the fed bails out the oil industry and banks again. Those drillers were highly leveraged and are taking it on the chin right now. The banks that gave them all the cheap money are going to be seeing a lot of defaults. My guess is you'll be seeing a whole lot of M&A activity as the big boys come in and buy up the assets of the little guys that are drowning in debt, for pennies on the dollar.

The question is: what were those statistics like when we were in the middle of the economic collapse in the US? And yes, I was strictly speaking about QE in the US.

Look, for example at these charts and explanations on food stamp recipients. Note how the curves show that we have started to decrease the number of recipients in the past couple of years? http://www.trivisonno.com/food-stamps-charts

Food-Stamps-Percent.jpg

I'm convinced.... 14.6% of the national population on food stamps. 3 out of 4 people on 1 form of dole or another...... success... can't wait for rates to increase. Does %0.25 count?

I'm convinced.... can't wait for rates to increase. Does %0.25 count?

take a look at the labor force participation rates over the same time period. That "decline" in food stamp recipients is blip or, possibly just a totally made up stat. Lets face it...the govt has a habit of goal seeking with their numbers.

Back
Top Bottom