Here's An Oldie But A Goody Using TR Detectors

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

Attachments

• tr.jpg
    tr.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 320
I have never seen this video before and thanks for posting! I wish it was still safe to travel into Mexico. A.M. Van Fossen sold me a few metal detectors in the past and his shop was full of treasures/relics he had found thru the years!

Dang $299.95 translates to what now $3000?
Ran 16 hour on 4 9v carbon batteries. Trying to swing that thing with a 14" coil and no arm cuff means 16 hours would equal 16 hunts.

It's my dream to go on a metal detecting trip such as this. That had to be a real treat for those guys.

It's been 30+ years since I watched that and some of the other early Garrett movies. Can't see this without a link. John, if you would post the link to cut-and-paste it would help.

Thanks.

Monte

PS: That TR-Disc. was the newer version from about '77 I have the former Master Hunter TR-Disc. bought brand new in '76 hanging on my den wall. I use it now and then for memory sake, but mainly in my seminar's to show folks what we had .... and what performance we lost on the way to get to where we are today. The main difference is my TR-Disc. unit has the Double-D or what they then referred to as Wide-Scan search coils.

It's been 30+ years since I watched that and some of the other early Garrett movies. Can't see this without a link. John, if you would post the link to cut-and-paste it would help.

Thanks.

Monte

PS: That TR-Disc. was the newer version from about '77 I have the former Master Hunter TR-Disc. bought brand new in '76 hanging on my den wall. I use it now and then for memory sake, but mainly in my seminar's to show folks what we had .... and what performance we lost on the way to get to where we are today. The main difference is my TR-Disc. unit has the Double-D or what they then referred to as Wide-Scan search coils.

I got it from the Garrett Website, at the bottom of this section "Vintage Sport Videos"

https://garrett.com/our-story

Dang $299.95 translates to what now $3000?
Ran 16 hour on 4 9v carbon batteries. Trying to swing that thing with a 14" coil and no arm cuff means 16 hours would equal 16 hunts.
$299.95 in 1980 = $940 today.

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

I was truly jealous of push-button tuning that came out later because I’d just spent about $250 on a new Whites back in ‘77. It had the new descrim tech. I was 15.

Back
Top Bottom