• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

DATE CHANGED - Sandwich Fair, Sandwich Illinois Group Hunt SUNDAY APRIL 26

stugpanzer

THE DATE HAS BEEN MOVED OUT TO SUNDAY, APRIL 26

MEET AT NOON AND CARAVAN AT 12:30 TO THE GROUNDS.

I have scheduled a group hunt for the Sandwich Fair in Sandwich Illinois Sunday, April 26 starting at 1pm. Some of you may have followed our trip out there this past weekend (April 11) here at this thread and if not, please take a look and see why this is exciting: http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=211724

One of the prized areas out there is the old grandstand area that they just tore down and tore some old concrete out of and we will all have an opportunity to hunt in that section. I have some thoughts on how we can get everyone an opportunity to do that and will give the details on Sunday.

Here are the details for the meetup:

Location: Meet at McDonalds in Sandwich, Illinois located at 20, Indian Springs Dr, Sandwich, IL 60548

Time: Meet at 12:00pm for meet and greet then caravan to the fairgrounds at 12:30pm.

There is no need to PM me (unless you want to)....just show up at McDonalds by 12:30pm on Sunday. We will leave at 12:30pm sharp for the fairgrounds.

Stugpanzer will be in the parking lot just East of McDonalds. Look for a Blue Ford F250 Crew Cab truck with a matching cap.

I am looking forward to seeing some of you again and hopefully meeting some more people!

Thanks Stugpanzer... Sounds good to me... Grandstand area I am sure will be great but I will be happy just to be in the infield ( barber field )

group hunt

Count me in ....barber field is what I'm more interested in also. I'm sure the stand site will have some goodies as well.

Sad that your day has been washed out but I think it's for the best. If memory serves, there was water pooled up in parts of the grandstand area. The digging is already going to be hard without having to deal with puddles. Still holding out I might be able to make it next weekend.

I had to make one slight change. We will meet at noon (instead of 12:30) at the McDonalds then caravan at 12:30 (Instead of 1pm) to the Fairgrounds. I have some work I have to do for my day job at 1pm so in order to get everybody started there we will start 30 minutes earlier than I had initially put out there. The first entry of this post properly reflects that change.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Another great day out at the fairgrounds and we got to meet two more forums members, Body Man and Kad27!

Now, the following pic is not my find but is probably the best of the day. Sterling Silver and I hope diamonds are real....way to go Body Man!

DSC_0543_zpshe5eqnyh.jpg

For those that attended this past week and two weeks ago, you should have received an email from me. if you did not receive it then I probably couldn't read your writing and messed up the email so please PM me with the proper email address.

Thanks!

Thanks again to Dave for arranging permission for us to hunt! My 10 year old and I had a great time spending the afternoon together finding "treasure" in the dirt.

The grandstand area was chock full of targets, unfortunately most of them were nails. I had the most luck setting the Etrac up in 2 tone mode, fished a corroded IH and the Buff out of the debris.

Later on while wandering, we picked up a Washington near a path. The two "gold treasures" were shallow, and I probably would have skipped them if not for the fact that I couldn't find targets fast enough for my helper haha.

Of the 3 wheats, one is a really nice 1918 with an S mintmark!

Probably my most memorable hunt because of the time spend with my Daughter! She found the car and key all by herself while I spent some time in the grandstand area.

020_zpsd0kf8fid.jpg

025_zpsxexghdep.jpg

014_zpswrvub0gx.jpg

@Blk86trbo; glad you could come out again and glad you could bring your daughter. You and Kad27 both brought your kids and to me it added an even friendlier family atmosphere!

I feel that we have all found new friends in these hunts and kind of consider this group an unofficial club! As Coin Hunter suggested either in a post, or an email (can't remember), the next time we get together, we should bring a grill, maybe some games and really make this a family day!

Thanks everyone for meeting up!

David

Back
Top Bottom