• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Coin cut-outs

Nortonics

Elite Member
Ran across this in my searches. Interesting coin necklaces - some real beauties in there. Can't imagine the time it takes to do some of these. Quite the selection of Countries to choose from too:

Coinmon's Cut-Out Coinshop

USABuffF.jpg
usa-buff-b.jpg

usa-morgan$-f-w-l.jpg
usa-mrgan-b-w-l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one of those in Disney Many Many Moons ago. It really is beautiful. I don't wear it to often because it tarnishes with body oils. I tried to take a picture of it but for some reason the macro on my camera is not focusing

Those are really nice... When I lived in Seattle, during the holidays, there was a mall kiosk set up with those cut-outs...and they had pins, money clips, necklaces etc.... really nice.... RickO

I cannot stand to see that. Destroying perfectly good historical pieces. No matter the rarity, it is still saddening to me to see those beautiful coins cut to pieces. Unless they were damaged, I could never do something like that to an old coins. I am just so compassionate when it comes to preserving history. It makes me sad to see anything old like that destroyed. Like around my area, I have saw many nice, old homes demolished and it makes me sick to think about it.

Destroying perfectly good historical pieces.

Destroying? Destroying would be melting them down. Seems to me that making a few of them (non-key coins) into something that others can enjoy and marvel at is much more appealing than hording them into a coin album that only one person looks at every 5 years or so...

Destroying? Destroying would be melting them down. Seems to me that making a few of them (non-key coins) into something that others can enjoy and marvel at is much more appealing than hording them into a coin album that only one person looks at every 5 years or so...

That is just me. I like to protect history as much as possible.

+1 agreed in full!

Saw some of those down at Silver Dollar City in Branson. There were other designs also. College ,Motorcycle,car logos and other items that had been cut out of the coins.

I agree that it is not good to cut up these coins! They are part of history and should not be defaced! Making them into jewelry is better than some other alternatives but I still do not agree with it. Those coins are a part of history that can never be replaced so in my opinion they should remain in their original state!

Back
Top Bottom