BH Tracker 2, regular nickels and war nickels

mhallack

Elite Member
A little confused here :?:

I know Bounty Hunter is pretty much a beginner model, I have the Tracker 2. I usually have it on disc mode, and the disc knob set high cause, well I'm looking for coins mostly. Picks up silver, copper, brass, clad, etc. Nickels come up when I have it on tone mode, but so does all the junk I want to avoid. (Can slaw, etc)

Anyway though I figure I should be picking up war nickels since they are copper, silver, and a little magnese on disc mode. Tested this at home, but nothing. Only on tone mode like a regular nickel.

I guess my question is why? probably a simple answer, but just really confused!!

Mike, there is not enough silver in them to counter the lower conductive metals in them.

And that is what is still confusing me. I read up on the composition of the war nickels, primarily copper, then silver, then magenese. I pick up copper and silver at the disc mode, but only on tone with this.

Maybe my machine is odd, or stoned!! :lol:

nope, neither....anybody else will tell you that war nickels do not ring up like a silver coin. It is the odd combination that makes them read very similar to a regular nickel. Your machine is operating normal :yes:

Thanks Bucksport!!

Now I can sleep in peace, yes this is one of those stupid thoughts that keeps me awake at night!!:D

Back
Top Bottom