• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Truck bed liner spray

clearwatermike

Elite Member
Has anyone ever noticed a problem scrubbing the ground with the coil due to the abrasive non-slip surface these coatings provide?

No problem at all. I can't stand the flimsy dirt trapping cover for the Etrac coil so coating it has really made things simple.

Just curious but why not coat the coils bottom with a number of polyurethane coats?

Lakota

Picked-up a can of Rustoleum Bed Liner spray yesterday at Home Depot. Plan on doing it tomorrow since the weather here is gonna stink. Probably spray the Pro Pointer end also. Why not.

Picked-up a can of Rustoleum Bed Liner spray yesterday at Home Depot. Plan on doing it tomorrow since the weather here is gonna stink. Probably spray the Pro Pointer end also. Why not.

i did my propointer months ago and its held up great, i think i did 3 coats

Just sprayed my AT and Ace, Now I'm thinking of doing my Xcals. They turned out pretty nice

i did my propointer months ago and its held up great, i think i did 3 coats

Did you use the Rustoleum, and if so, is there a particular type to get, or is there only one option? Think I may hook up my Propointer today since it's too cold outside to md.
Also I remember somewhere you advising to use tape and take it off before it dries, but how many coats did you apply and how long did you wait between coats?
Thanks!

Guys, be careful. Some sprays contain metallic particles that can mess with detectors. The bed liner spray I have seen used with success is Dupli Color Bed Armor.

Did you use the Rustoleum, and if so, is there a particular type to get, or is there only one option? Think I may hook up my Propointer today since it's too cold outside to md.
Also I remember somewhere you advising to use tape and take it off before it dries, but how many coats did you apply and how long did you wait between coats?
Thanks!

i used the dupli-color....i did atleast 3 coats, it only takes about 5 or 10 minutes ta dry between coats and after the 3rd coat i let it sit over night to fully dry before use, and yes between coats make sure you remove the tape or it will pull the liner, so just retape after each coat dries.
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/truckBedCoating/

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 2,206
Dogpound, do you take the tape off on each coat before drying?

yep, i tape it off, spray bedliner, remove tape and let dry, then retape and spray second coat.....etc the last coat i let sit over night to fully harden before use

When I did mine I sandpapered it with 100-grit sandpaper so it would hold better. Then I taped it off real good with electrical tape and then wrapped the rest completely in newspaper. I sprayed it on (real goopy by the way) and propped it up with a pipe wrench to dry. I did not remove the electrical tape between the three coats I gave it and when I removed all the tape it didn't tear at all. Looks like dogpound's PP.

Coating a coil with this stuff is going to be pretty messy I'll bet.

When I did mine I sandpapered it with 100-grit sandpaper so it would hold better. Then I taped it off real good with electrical tape and then wrapped the rest completely in newspaper. I sprayed it on (real goopy by the way) and propped it up with a pipe wrench to dry. I did not remove the electrical tape between the three coats I gave it and when I removed all the tape it didn't tear at all. Looks like dogpound's PP.

Coating a coil with this stuff is going to be pretty messy I'll bet.

did you shake the can really good for a minute? mine sprayed just like spray paint and wasn't a mess at all. i also sprayed my coil and didn't have any problems with mess.

Back
Top Bottom