NOX 600 #'s reading high

Well I got forced to go detect today. A guy down the street came to the house as he seen me detecting in the fields behind our houses. He lost his wedding ring taking off his gloves.

It took me 10 minutes to find it. His front yard is not very big. It about blew my ears off from the sound it made. A SOLID 12. It was a 14K white gold band. I wish I would have got a pic but I had to leave for a Dr. appnt. But he was Very happy. I made him dig it. I told him listen to this. This has to be it!

So for that the # seemed right on??? The only other gold ring I have dug was with my Teknetics detector and that rang up a 82. So Not sure if that is right or not. But it seems right for the Minelab.

hi tomme boy,
You did an awesome thing today. I'm glad you found it so quickly.

So far, 12 for a 14k mens wedding band sounds about right. I have found 10K, 14K and 18k mens rings with the Nox that have come in from 10 to 20 depending on size, weight and if they had white gold or tungsten mixed in. Women's and kid's rings have come in from 6 to
12 so far.

It is an unmistakeable sound on the Nox. Hope you hear it again soon.

Jeff

Try this

I run mine in multi. I have a very bad back and knees. I try my best to cherry pick what I am going to dig. If the #'s are off I end up digging lots of things I do not want to dig at all.

I still have not made it back out because of my back. Hopefully soon. I just got back into this and I feel it may be attributing to my back issues. My first detector was in 1979 and was from Radio Shack. I used that thing on and off through the 80's and into the 90's. It was a simple one tone machine. I sold it at a garage sale and now I wish I just had it for memories.

Anyway this was my reason of concern.

Tom, I frequently have pennies coming in with high numbers on my 800. It does get frustrating. One thing I've noticed, a quarter or silver dime will stay up around 29-30-31. Not to say I haven't dug silver dimes at 25-26. But if you massage the signal it will drop and show a 22-24 in the numbers. Most times this is a good indication its a penny. I've actually had solid 34-35s 34-37 solid two way high tones only to produce a deep wheatie. When I contacted Minelab I was given a ho-hum, it could be this, it could be that, soil, target orientation. I think there is a glitch somewhere. I can see lower numbers for a larger coin depending on it orientation, but even laying flat mistakenly mis Iding a penny for one that's almost twice its size, no I ain't buying it. I know some will say it could be other metal in the ground skewing the numbers but it happens way to often to too many people for that to be the case. As far as the update, I've noticed no difference on this subject. Good luck Mark

Back
Top Bottom