Inkjet tumbler for $0!

As for tumbler containers, do we have any Coffee drinkers here?
Or the creamer containers also?
With the molded in "Handle", this would force the contents to tumble.

as long as the ends are round they will ride ok on the rollers.

I think the molded coffee handles are only on the bigger 5 lb plastic containers, the smaller 1 or 2 lb containers should be fine because I think they are perfectly round. Just watch that the lid is not offset larger than the outside of the container or it will spin on the lid and not the container. You really want to spin the bottle without the lid touching. Some watertight gasket should be used also, so no liquid will spill. It's best to use something with thick plastic lining in case the barrel gets stuck, the wheels on the inkjet will spin a hole right through the sides of the barrel if it gets stuck somehow, and that'll cause a huge mess!

This thread is old but I wanted to comment on it for a couple of reasons. First off, the OP and others have done an awesome job on your tumblers! This is a great example of re-purposing and money saving. Plus good engineering...

I went to visit my friend Patrickcn (a member here and the one that had that car wreck, etc...), he has not been able to swing the MD and basically do much except go to PT and hang out in the house, so I though I would go over and mess with him. He has been very depressed so.... He had started a few projects before the accident but hasn't been able to work on them (too heavy and too physical for him right now) so I thought I would help him out. While out in the garage I noticed two old printers he had stacked on a shelf and remembered this thread.

I told him to look this thread up while I finished rehanging a door for him. He said he has seen this thread and was going to do it during the winter but now... So longer story shorter :laughing: I cleared a spot off on the workbench and set all printer down and got all his tools ready. He is going to start on it today (he removed the plastic housing and stopped after that last night). He can only work about 15 to 30 minutes at a time before the pain kicks in BUT at least now he has a purpose and something to work on. He actually smiled!

BUT ANYWAY:laughing::laughing: I wanted to thank the OP and others in this thread, this has given a good friend something to do now and its something he wanted to do. He has a couple of those plastic Folgers coffee containers (1 or 2 lbs) filled with clad and small items that need to be cleaned. Do you think those containers are too big? Should we use a smaller container?

Have a good day and thanks again!

MD, I'm really glad to hear that Patrickcn is still making progress! It's cool to see all the interest in this project. I still use the hell out of the original inkjet tumbler. I would think that like Grumpy said, as long as the overall shape is round and the handle doesn't protrude the coffee container should be fine. I wouldn't put more than a pound or so of material in it so as not to stretch or break the little rubber band like belt from the drive motor to the gear assembly. Also, if the container has a screw on lid it should be cool, but if it snaps on I'd probably throw some 200 MPH tape around it to avoid a nasty mess if it decides to pop! My recipe with good results is a handful of aquarium gravel, squirt of Gojo pumice hand cleaner, dash of vinegar and just enough water to make it a slurry. Tumble overnight and you're good! Sounds like after getting the tumbler together he has enough to tumble to keep him occupied for a bit anyway. Hope everything keeps moving up and don't hesitate if you have any other questions. Also, I'm scouting a couple spots and HOPING to get a group of Indiana diggers together this fall for a hunt. I'll post in the events sub-forum once I get the details hammered out. Good luck and HH!

Done!

Thanks for the idea, Oldsjunkie! Can we upload videos directly or do we have to create a link?

https://www.facebook.com/epgolfs/videos/10210531837675617/

14196188_10210531788274382_7476957896870895272_o.jpg

No problem! Looks good. Should serve you well. Mine's been going strong since the original build. You should be able to imbed a video. Good luck and HH!

If you decide you need some kind of internal baffles, they can be secured very nicely with some 3M double sided adhesive tape, available at most auto parts stores & other similar places. Get the Grey Tape with the Red plastic peel off, that stuff is TOUGH and waterproof.

If you decide you need some kind of internal baffles, they can be secured very nicely with some 3M double sided adhesive tape, available at most auto parts stores & other similar places. Get the Grey Tape with the Red plastic peel off, that stuff is TOUGH and waterproof.

Good tip Grumpy! I've used that stuff on a lot of occasions, and you're right, it IS tough.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom