• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Happiness Is A Burger, Fries, A Beach, Day Off And A Detector

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

Had today off, it was hot, I was hungry so I ate my favorite, grabbed my AT Max and headed to the beach for a water hunt. The AT MAX gets crazy depth with the stock DD coil. I normally don't use DD coils, but in the water, it got very good depth, with some targets coming out at 14+ inches. Finding silver, copper and gold targets is so easy with the iron audio turned on and set to about 35. Dig only l the high tones without that iron grunt and you are on your way to get some nice finds.

Below are the best from today. I managed a silver quarter and a silver ring along with some coins and old bottle caps. And.....a nice crisp ten dollar bill. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• june17a.jpg
    june17a.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 198
I use the AT Pro with the 9 x 12 concentric coil for general coin/jewelry hunting. It gives more accurate ID, but not as deep as the 8.5" x 11" DD coil. The DD coil tends to read all bottle caps as coins. Not so with the concentric coil.

So would you say you use the AT Pro more than your Atmax?

So would you say you use the AT Pro more than your Atmax?

I do use the Pro more then the Max. I do a lot of coin shooting, and hate wasting time digging junk targets like bottle caps. The pro just seems to get better ID, especially with the concentric coil. The MAX gets better depth, especially in the true all metal mode. Most of my coins including silver are within reach of the Pro.

When water hunting, targets eventually get to depths, beyond reach, so getting a signal in the water on deep targets is important, at least to me. Water hunters tend to dig it all anyways, so good discrimination is nice, but not as important. I live at least an hours drive to my water hunting sights, so working these sights isn't as often as hunting sites in Edmonton.

One fine day off John. Great food, sunshine, water and lots of treasure. Makes me impatient waiting for the next day off. That is why I retired. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom