Huge Collection of Detecting Magazines!

kelpike

Elite Member
There was a post on CL about a year ago for 800+ detecting magazines for $300 or barter. I didn't have the cash or anything the guy was looking for on a barter. I did save his email figuring maybe I'd be able to work some kind of deal at some point. My phone alerts me anytime someone lists anything on CL with the words "metal detector". Almost a year to the day of the original post, the same guy lists the magazines for free. 13 large boxes which ended up being 870 magazines plus about 25 catalogs, and a couple books dating from the early 70's, through the 80's, 90's, and up to 2009. Many of these are in perfect condition and most were individually packaged in zip lock freezer bags. I will try and post pics of some of the covers, some are very unique.
IMG_20131028_192014_716_zps014da37e.jpg

IMG_20131028_192322_073_zps92a28705.jpg

IMG_20131030_211102_107_zps916d3dce.jpg

IMG_20131030_211803_087_zpsc581e0c3.jpg

IMG_20131030_211705_416_zps1a3f4920.jpg

IMG_20131030_201532_528_zps26a862e2.jpg

IMG_20131030_210835_866_zps3cc66720.jpg

IMG_20131030_210519_376_zpsafb13ba1.jpg

Nice score!! If you plan on keeping this stuff, you might want to look into some type of archival storage sleeves/envelopes, etc. The local comic book store would be a good place to start. Freezer bags can be hell on paper over the long term. You need inert products like Mylar, maybe.

Thanks for the tip, I never knew that about the freezer bags.
Nice score!! If you plan on keeping this stuff, you might want to look into some type of archival storage sleeves/envelopes, etc. The local comic book store would be a good place to start. Freezer bags can be hell on paper over the long term. You need inert products like Mylar, maybe.

Yea, so far I've only had the time to flip through some of them because I've been trying to go through them and make a list of every issue. I can't wait to read the article on the RR bike.
Gotta be some good reads and good entertainment. (i like Ned Flanders' RR bike)

It's an app on my Android phone. I don't remember the exact name of the app but I will check in my phone and let you know. You can set keywords for the items you are most interested in and then it will send you a notification when those words are listed in an ad.
Dang!

How did you set CL to alert you?

Jim

Your story reminds me of how I started also, was at a garage sale and asked the seller how much for the treasure books, he said 50 cents which was really free.

We became best of friends , he would buy a new md each few years and sell
me his trade in at a fair price...sadly he died of cancer in middle age.

I really wish I could. That would benefit me as much as you guys. Whenever I open a box of mags, I end up finding ten mags that look interesting before I find the one I'm looking for. Is there even an easy way to do that?
Now you got to digitize them all so we can get access to them all for nothing...:lol:

I have like 4 different CL apps on my phone. CPro and Craigslist Mobile seem to work best for me. I'm not saying they are better than any of the other apps, they are just the ones that I've found to be the easiest for me to use. There was one quite a while back called Craigsnotification which was awesome and very easy to use. I don't know what happened to it but one day it was removed from the "Play Store". I'd love to see that one come back.
Dang!

How did you set CL to alert you?

Jim

Back
Top Bottom