Metal Detecting Magazines

CSACreed

Are there any metal detecting magazines worth reading? Im looking to learn something, not read a bunch of advertisements. What do you guys and gals read?

The 3 that I have heard of, and read, are Western and Eastern Treasure, Lost Treasure, and Gold Prospecting. Each has its share of advertisements. They are pretty much unavoidable.

I am waiting to receive a free issue of Lost Treasure Magazine that I received with my tesoro Compadre. I dont know if its any good yet though..

I picked up some old issues of Lost Treasure for a dime apiece the other day. There were some interesting articles in them. Back in the late 70's and 80's I used to subscribe to all of them, but quit when they started repeating themselves.

Got a subscription to Lost Treasure last 3 months. I like it. Has some interesting 'tales' of US history divided by geographic sections. I like the detailed ads of metal detectors and descriptions. A monthly metal detector contest. Found a small article about Indians and a cave near my own town! I look forward to it each month. It might be redundant after many months, but so far so good.

Thanks for the replies all. I used to subscribe to several gun magazines but they got to where they loved everything they reviewed and repeated themselves quit often. They would never say anything bad about a product because the company that made them advertised in their magazine. I'll look into the mentioned magazines and see what I like. I too have a free issue of Lost Treasure coming to me if I send the card in form my last Tesoro detector purchase. Guess I'll give it a try.
Thanks guys!

I subscribe to both Lost Treasure & Western & Eastern Treasures...I also like to look for old back issues for these and the "Old West" and "Frontier Times" mags on Ebay and Garage Sales etc.

I gave up on those magazines when I moved east. Little or no relevant articles for the area I live in. Don't get me wrong.. interesting stories for sure, but for me, I want stories that relate to where I am living so that, if I so choose, I can set up a quest. RickO

I subscribed for a year and I'd say 5-7 of the 12 I got were about gold and nugget hunting. :mad: The treasure leads they put in each issue started repeating themselves. :mad: ( Virginia was put in 3 times ) So I got aggravated and never renewed the subscription, But I am thinking of getting it again cuz I kinda miss it now. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom