Whites Coinmaster GT

My internet is alittle goofy today (probably weather related) but was able to watch most of the video before things locked/froze up and it looks like a real decent detector. You mentioned it had automatic ground balance, was curious if the ground balance changes as your ground changes or do you mean it has a factory set ground balance. Thanks for the video.

Thanks for the video Phil. I just sold my coinmaster pro after 6 months with it. I liked the machine and it paid for my at pro, so I have all the faith in the world in this new stream lined gr they've got.

The vdi and backlit display are choice asbis that VCO.

My internet is alittle goofy today (probably weather related) but was able to watch most of the video before things locked/froze up and it looks like a real decent detector. You mentioned it had automatic ground balance, was curious if the ground balance changes as your ground changes or do you mean it has a factory set ground balance. Thanks for the video.

It is a "pumping" machine like Teknetics, Minelab X series etc. I just found out about this detector by accident. At less than $400 this detector is a serious entry level contender. It really does have features of much more expensive detectors, auto ground balance, backlight, notching, 9 tones, variable VCO threshold. Not to mention an 8kHz frequency will make it a coin hound (it is a Coinmaster after all).

If this detector lives up to it's promises then it will easily be my new go-to recommendation for newbies.

In its price range, it would probably be as good as any other brand of detector out there because of being able to not only manually ground balance it, but it also has a form of auto tracking which can be very helpful. It is a shame they don't yet have a DD coil for it, because that also would be helpful in moderately mineralized areas. Though I believe earlier you said your area in Panama was heavily mineralized, that would be a tough call for many lower to mid-range priced detectors.

Got mine today. Initial testing was great. Depth wise its on par with my xterra 305 but its like a million times faster. Pinpointing is very easy with this unit. I love the autogroundbalance and the backlite!!

Only negatives for me where the shaft wobble. I anticipated this because of reviews I read and picked up an aftermarket cam lock which eliminated that problem. Other thing is that nickels vdi comes in solid BUT tone wise it wavers between pulltabs and nickels and that can be a bit confusing.

Overall I'm very satisfied. A nice lightweight unit with lots of options for the price.

I live in the cesspool of mineralized soil here in Oregon on the coast. Black sands..lots of minerals and tons of iron.

This soil pushes machines to their absolute limits to find anything at depth and this machine handled it very well.

Appreciate the information, Panama has some areas where its not so bad, the GT looks like a great machine for my wife, as groundbalancing is not her thing. Only concern is weight, but If I know her correctly, if she's finding stuff, the weight won't matter.

WHen we first met, she knew nothing about metal detecting, or prospecting, now she's addicted.

Back
Top Bottom