• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Anyone familiar with MP3 Pro?

its one of those crappy units sold through Kellyco, way overpriced at 250.00 or so , they sell some real crummy stuff (they sell good stuff too) but they have a few brands that are pretty much exclusive to them, the trident and the cobra and those MP units are all poorly functioning machines and a person should steer clear of them in my opinion, you would do ALOT better to buy a minelab advantage or a garett Ace 250 both close to that price range, the advantage is probally more money but it is 3 times the machine that the ace 250 is.......

Thanks for the input. I think it was on Kellyco that I saw it. The ACE 250 may serve it's purpose for me. It seems to be a unit good for the novice and then upgrade later.

Cheers!

glad I could help , the ace 250 seems to be a great unit and most users are very pleased with the performance. I think it gets good depth, and it does have a visual target id display, as well as I think a tone Id .....Its a great place to start and a lot of folks end up using the unit a lot as is very user friendly........good luck .....

Take a name brand like the Ace250 over the others. Also buy what your budget allows and go as far into it as you can so you'll be less likely to upgrade quickly.

Selection

Tony.....if I may put you on the spot for a moment...if you had to select between the Ace 250 and the Prizm III....you would select??? If not asking too much..your reason(s) why...please. I think I have narrowed my "Get Started Detector" down to these two....I also understand you are the person I should get it from...you come highly recommended. Please help a "Newbie" out here.

Thanks, MaxBaer

Tony....you out there??

I thought I would try and bring this back up to the "Surface"...LOL..ok sad atempt....:lol: Tony, if you happen to read this I could use your help, please.

Thanks, MaxBaer

Hi Max. I think you should get the Ace250. The Prizm III is a good detector but you are spending 100.00 over the Prizm II just to get a depth indicator. The performance does not go up. Side by side with the Prizm II the Ace goes a bit deeper but the II pinpoints better off the bat. I would get the Ace250.

Thanks!

Thank you Tony. I will be placing my order with you today for the Ace 250 then. I appreciate your response and guidance. Maybe I will find something here in Pa...LOL

Thank You, MaxBaer

Back
Top Bottom