where to shop in Daytona beach area

Jim Bob

Elite Member
I plan to spend a week in the Daytona beach area and I need to buy a long handled sand scoop. Anyone live in the area that knows a place to shop for MD accessories? A web site would be helpful. also interested in a pin pointer, the Vibra prob 560 sounds like a good one but I have never held one in my hand. I hope to find a camp ground on the beach right after Labor Day. Thanks for any info.

you really want need a pin pointer for the beach,,,,its all sand an dig all you want...(just fill your holes)... most scoops are at least 5" across so unless you can't pinpoint in a 5" circle you want have any problems... good luck an dig all but iron signals........

Kellyco is about 40 minutes South on I4 from Daytona. If you take the longwood exit off of I4 and head East. Pass the hospital on the left and pass 17-92. Then look for a coin shop on your right side. I think it is called NFC Coins or NDC Coins. When you see that you want to take an immediate right onto Belle Ave and Kellyco is about an 8th of a mile on the left side. The crew that works there are a great bunch and they are all avid detectorists so it is definitely a fun place. They also rent detectors which is great if you ever have wanted to try before you buy.

As for the camping on the beach. The only campsite I know of is just a bit north of Daytona in Ormond Beach. If you take SR 40 also known as Granada and follow that all the way to the beach. Take a left and the campsite is a few miles down on the right side. It is right on the beach and mostly RV's (all of them Class A's, B's and C's.)

Best Regards and Safe Hunting!

shopping

Thanks guys for the replies. I hope to be headed that way this week, find a spot on the beach ( campground with full hookups for class A motorhome) I'm too old for a tent, and take a little R&R. Uncle Sam taught me what R&R was back in 68. Thanks again, Jim:lol:

Back
Top Bottom