Fisher F2 Setup Question

TwistedT

Elite Member
Hello All,
I am pretty much a newbie to detecting, having been at it for only a month or so, and I have a question about the F2.

This is mainly geared for the F2 users, but anyone can help me out.

I am hunting a local park that is fairly trashy and am discriminating iron out. So far when the F2 says it is a tab, it has been a tab.
My question is this – Should I also notch out tabs (lots and I mean lots of them in the park) or will this lessen my chances of finding something good?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Even though I usually dig most everything...eventually, sometimes I just don't feel like digging all the trash so this is what I do.
I will dig several pieces of junk at first, like 5-10 sta-tabs and see what the numbers most of them are coming in at, most of the time a 35 is a common number for these, then I might avoid them for the rest of the day.
Again, I usually come back to my sites so this isn't such a big deal.
I can avoid several of these tabs because if they are not laying in the ground flat but at a slight angle they will usually cause the numbers to jump more than two so I have a clue about those and have confidence I won't be missing much.
There are still plenty that come in nice and solid with steady non jumping numbers so unless I see a true nickel number on my screen, for me it is a 33, I can usually leave them to be dug up at a later time.

Eventually I will dig all of these signals because I find nickels at that 33 number and not one gold ring to this point, I have found gold rings at 32-34-35-37-39 numbers, among others in different areas.

I wish it were easier to find gold and avoid trash but it just isn't.
Most every piece of gold I have ever found has been disguised as trash so digging foil and tabs and nickels and zinc signals is just part of the game plan if you want the best shot at finding the most gold.

Back
Top Bottom