My new toy.

planerie

Elite Member
I got my T-Rex 9.5 yesterday and couldn't wait to get my handle and a few other additions put on it. I will be seriously testing this beast out Saturday. I am looking to get some sort of handle assist setup on it so if anyone has any ideas let me know.

My T-Rex gives me a good workout. No assist and one armed use since my right shoulder is tore up. But it sure works great, no complaints here.
Mike

I put a fiberglass handle on my T-Rex 9.5. 5.2lbs, no handle assist, and I dig with one hand in the wet. I don't have anything compatible, but I like what I have. You will too.

R5

Congrats on the scoop! I use the very same one. I am developing a custom handle geared towards T-rex users. Once i have it done and tested thoroughly and get my patent started i will be bringing it to market in small batches. Enjoy the new scoop!

You can sometimes spray the wood with something and not need an assist. I spray some handles with bedliner. Just depends on how strong a grip you got. Had a paramedic once tell me to squeeze his hand to help the pain go away. After he started screaming like a little girl the other paramedics were cracking up:lol:

I would say it has some weight but that being said I don't think it will be as bad in waist to chest deep water.

Actually it is as bad if not worse in chest to waist deep water because your going to be fighting currents while moving it around especially when it's full of sand and whatever else until you get it to strain out as you pull hard to bring it to the surface. Better off doing half scoops in that case. The handle will help it stay upright encase you lose your grip on it so you can easily grab it again. It does beat you up after 4+ hours of using it and digging alot of holes but it is tough as hell and worth every penny!

Back
Top Bottom