Water bodies

tdg8934

Here in northern Illinois we only have beaches for the lakes and other similar water bodies (no ocean beaches:(). Is it worth taking a look at the beaches that are not coming from the ocean? I have a water coil that came with my Garrett Ace 350 and would like to try but being new I'm wondering if this is only for creeks and streams for small traces of gold or other minerals.

Tim

Here in northern Illinois we only have beaches for the lakes and other similar water bodies (no ocean beaches:(). Is it worth taking a look at the beaches that are not coming from the ocean? I have a water coil that came with my Garrett Ace 350 and would like to try but being new I'm wondering if this is only for creeks and streams for small traces of gold or other minerals.

Tim

Any body of water that people swim is a good place to hunt. Go for it just don't get the detector in the water just the coil. Lots of guys here find tons of coins, silver and gold jewelry at fresh water beaches.

+1 Planerie....

Go to where you see guys fishing (cast and lose their ring), on the shore where people sun bathe and party, or where there may have been an old ferry dock, boat house, lodge, or hotel. Your machine should work great in any of those places, just remember to not get the control box wet.

Attachments

• salt-and-shark-free_design.png
    salt-and-shark-free_design.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 279
I will be going to a beach in the city in an hour! I cant wait!! They are where I have found all of my gold! Also, the air show was last weekend they expected 2 million visitors to the beches...one of em had to drop a ring:laughing:!Get out there and get yourself some!

PS. With the Ace you will have to stay on the dry or up to knee deep, just watch out for kids splashing and do not lift the wet coil over the box or water will run up the wire! GL!!

Back
Top Bottom