Bought the CTX 3030 see last post

Picked up the CTX tonite in really good condition just a little wear on side where it rubbed up against his body..coils still look excellent nice and shiny almost new.. seems to function as it should and has everything that came with it when new.
Congratulations. I'm not able to use the FBS models much due to my health and mobility issues, but I would've bought that if it was close enough to pick up and not involve shipping. Then I'd sell the really big coil for whatever I could get and then have a decent open-area silver shooter available.

I never owned the CTX 30-30 but a dealer friend let me borrow one for about 3 weeks and and it does have a better balance and feel than the Explorer 2 that I had at the time.

Learn it and enjoy it.

Ctx3030

I'm thinking about parting with mine since I hardly use it anymore. It's in decent shape and I have a nice 17" coil to go with it and an extra battery, seal, and set of Grey Ghost headphones. I got it about 9 years ago. It's used, but I've taken good care of it. With all that I have for it I couldn't go any Lower than $1600. You got a steal on that one!

I just ordered a strap for my CTX-3030. It puts al the weight on your back and allows the CTX to "Float" ... no weight issues with the strap or harness. Check out the Detector Pro strap. Lots of great videos on Youtube about it as well. Great find for $1200 and 3 coils if it has no issues. As I am sure you know the CTX goes for $2400 with only 1 coil.

I just ordered a strap for my CTX-3030. It puts al the weight on your back and allows the CTX to "Float" ... no weight issues with the strap or harness. Check out the Detector Pro strap. Lots of great videos on Youtube about it as well. Great find for $1200 and 3 coils if it has no issues. As I am sure you know the CTX goes for $2400 with only 1 coil.

Have only been able to get out but one time with stock coil for a couple hrs then ground was froze too much in most places to dig.Its now pretty much all frozen hard as a brick so might not get out until late Feb or March to try again.
Will look at the strap.

Back
Top Bottom