• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Multi freq At pro?

I hope 99 percent of the peeps out there have this mentality, it keeps my public areas producing for me that much longer. :)

Been watching this thread, and Monte kinda summed it up.
I usto go to a bar back in my 20s,, not a bad looking place inside but the parking lot was shale and full of potholes to boot. The parking lot was always full and bar was always packed..I asked the owner why he don't get it blacktopped ,, he said for what,people are gonna come regardless.
Same applies to Garret, why fix something that isn't broke?At pro is still the hottest seller outside of these forums ,which members make up maybe 1% of the people in the hobbie or thinking about the hobbie.
So,I guess for every one person waiting on a Garrett AT series model that's multi frequency there's probably a few thousand swinging one that's not,and making great finds.
Lol you might want to venture outside that cave you are living in. The At pro has not been the top seller for a while.
I hope 99 percent of the peeps out there have this mentality, it keeps my public areas producing for me that much longer. :)
I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately that is not the case. Nearly every detectorist I run into in Midwest is using a nox. A high percentage of YouTubers are using Nox as well. Throw in the ctx and deus users as well. There are many of them out there cleaning up sites. I would honestly pay money to follow AT pro users to productive sites and clean up behind them.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I guess I’ll take all of my found gold and silver and bury it again for the Nox users. I’ve done quite well with the ATPro and I’ve never had to fix a broken arm cuff or had the ears of my coil break and I’ve abused my Pro. They are bombproof.

yeah ben you can pay me i have found about 200 gold rings with my at pro and quite a few gold chains you can have at what i miss

Lol you might want to venture outside that cave you are living in. The At pro has not been the top seller for a while.I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately that is not the case. Nearly every detectorist I run into in Midwest is using a nox. A high percentage of YouTubers are using Nox as well. Throw in the ctx and deus users as well. There are many of them out there cleaning up sites. I would honestly pay money to follow AT pro users to productive sites and clean up behind them.

You make me laugh alot Ben.Thanks buddy,I need some humor in my life

Last edited:
I guess I’ll take all of my found gold and silver and bury it again for the Nox users. I’ve done quite well with the ATPro and I’ve never had to fix a broken arm cuff or had the ears of my coil break and I’ve abused my Pro. They are bombproof.

They are good detectors, and will find lots of loot. Ive owned a pro and a max. They have good company and customer service too. Not knocking them in any way, just happy my local public places have not been pounded by nox users. It keeps me in places to go when i don't have a really juicy private house or lot to hunt.

My dad can beat up your dad....:laughing:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I never had an AT Pro. I loved my Ace 400, but "outgrew" it. I bought an AT Max and didn't mesh well with it. I'm sure the guy who bought my Max loves it. Different strokes for different folks. Regardless, I've found great stuff with every detector I've owned.

Lol you might want to venture outside that cave you are living in. The At pro has not been the top seller for a while.I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately that is not the case. Nearly every detectorist I run into in Midwest is using a nox. A high percentage of YouTubers are using Nox as well. Throw in the ctx and deus users as well. There are many of them out there cleaning up sites. I would honestly pay money to follow AT pro users to productive sites and clean up behind them.

Ohio is listed as a Midwest State and I see more people using the AT PRO or Etrac than I do the Equinox. I am wondering how much are you willing to pay to dig the trash that the outdated detectors leave behind?

The Pro has a good record but the advancements in the industry has caused that record to slide down hill in the past year or so. Adding multi frequency to the Pro would be like putting Cadillac hubcaps on a Edsel. They need to re invent their Pro platform to these new advanced standards and then slip that new feature into the package. That next step would have a new nomenclature like BT Pro.

None of the Equinox deniers have ever fully understood what the Equinox brings to the table. I have. I've pulled silver out of places so thick with trash most people would not even bother to hunt them. I've pulled silver out places so hunted out all that's left is very deep and severely masked. Places where even finding one silver coin is trophy.

If your digging a lot of trash with the Equinox or not finding deep masked targets then sorry but you just don't know the machine well enough.

Last edited:
None of the Equinox deniers have ever fully understood what the Equinox brings to the table. I have. I've pulled silver out of places so thick with trash most people would not even bother to hunt them. I've pulled silver out places so hunted out all that's left is very deep and severely masked. Places where even finding one silver coin is trophy.

If your digging a lot of trash with the Equinox or not finding deep masked targets then sorry but you just don't know the machine well enough.

Exactly! I have been preaching this for a long time. There are a lot of Nox users that still are not proficient enough to get the most out of it, cause when you finally do.............. I have said this over and over and over,,,, if you use the Nox like an At Pro or any other beep and dig detector ,,,,,,, it is no better than the others. It is akin to buying an Indy race car just to commute thru town at 35 mph daily. You never learn to go fast Ricky Bobby. :)

Exactly! I have been preaching this for a long time. There are a lot of Nox users that still are not proficient enough to get the most out of it, cause when you finally do.............. I have said this over and over and over,,,, if you use the Nox like an At Pro or any other beep and dig detector ,,,,,,, it is no better than the others. It is akin to buying an Indy race car just to commute thru town at 35 mph daily. You never learn to go fast Ricky Bobby. :)

Just curious how do you use the equinox unlike any other beep and dig machine?
I mean, it's not like it's a , v3i with alot of settings. I think the equinox is just as easy to setup as the anything else, pretty straight forward. No secret code or settings really. I like the equinox, but I also like alot of others too.

Last edited:
I think the Pro is, and will continue to be an excellent machine. I would say it can find about 90% of the targets that an Equinox will. The other 10% of targets are either masked, very deep, or in severely mineralized ground. Most beginners or amateur detectorists don’t want to be digging 12 inch holes or swinging very slowly in a bed of nails listening for a peep of nonferrous sound. They will do just fine with a pro. Some serious detectorists also appreciate the AT Series for its simplicity. For a beginner detectorist the equinox is not “simple”. I don’t deny that FBS (if you are coin hunting) and multi iq have a performance edge over most single frequency machines. I am saying that for MOST detectorists, a Pro is all they need.

Well I finally got my equinox 600 two weeks ago. I had been using my AT Pro all last year on the beaches. The difference on the wet sand is night and day. I tried to hunt on the wet sand with my AT Pro and I could if I reduced the sensitivity enough but even then I had to listen through a lot of chatter for decent signals. The equinox is quiet....just quiet until there's a target and I appreciate that a lot. In the dry sand I am having to dig deeper now but I don't mind. I guess I could hunt with my AT Pro and then go behind myself with my equinox and see what happens.....I do miss my garrett bell tone....but the equinox tones are so smooth, quiet...that I am okay with the trade. I do feel like I'm searching a new beach....over the same places I've searched before....but could be all in my head. Once the honeymoon is over I may have a better perspective......but I'm not in any hurry for that. Oh also the backlit display screen is not to be undervalued. I hunt in the mornings from 5 to 8 and I always had to rig up some kind of lighting for my at pro....I don't miss that at all. Something else is the ease of swinging the equinox compared to the AT Pro.....it seems that it is easier and feels more natural to make wider swings with my equinox than with my AT Pro......and the pinpoint....oh my god .....I was concerned about that 'cause I use that feature constantly.....but the equinox did not disappoint me there either. Okay...obviously I'm in love....but is it puppy love....or the long lasting kind that sees you through your darkest day???? ...hmmm....have to wait and see.

Well I finally got my equinox 600 two weeks ago. I had been using my AT Pro all last year on the beaches. The difference on the wet sand is night and day. I tried to hunt on the wet sand with my AT Pro and I could if I reduced the sensitivity enough but even then I had to listen through a lot of chatter for decent signals. The equinox is quiet....just quiet until there's a target and I appreciate that a lot. In the dry sand I am having to dig deeper now but I don't mind. I guess I could hunt with my AT Pro and then go behind myself with my equinox and see what happens.....I do miss my garrett bell tone....but the equinox tones are so smooth, quiet...that I am okay with the trade. I do feel like I'm searching a new beach....over the same places I've searched before....but could be all in my head. Once the honeymoon is over I may have a better perspective......but I'm not in any hurry for that. Oh also the backlit display screen is not to be undervalued. I hunt in the mornings from 5 to 8 and I always had to rig up some kind of lighting for my at pro....I don't miss that at all. Something else is the ease of swinging the equinox compared to the AT Pro.....it seems that it is easier and feels more natural to make wider swings with my equinox than with my AT Pro......and the pinpoint....oh my god .....I was concerned about that 'cause I use that feature constantly.....but the equinox did not disappoint me there either. Okay...obviously I'm in love....but is it puppy love....or the long lasting kind that sees you through your darkest day???? ...hmmm....have to wait and see.

It was a little tough getting used to my E 800 but it's a very good unmasker and saltwater machine. Hopefully your E600 is as good as mine!
Also with the F2 at level 9 I ignore 99% of the steel bottle caps which is very nice.
I still love the descriptive sounds of my At pro but don't use it much anymore.
It would be very cool to have a deep At pro that can handle saltwater and ergonomic too. Unfortunately Garrett may not be able to develop a top notch tech detector though.:no:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom