• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett carrot batteries?

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
Has anyone tried rechargeable 9v lithium ion batteries in their pinpointer ? Will they work ? I read somewhere the voltage is lower than alkaline. Another question, if they do work does the lower voltage cause the pinpointer to operate at less than peak performance ? Also could they harm it ? Thanks for any input. Mark

Has anyone tried rechargeable 9v lithium ion batteries in their pinpointer ? Will they work ? I read somewhere the voltage is lower than alkaline. Another question, if they do work does the lower voltage cause the pinpointer to operate at less than peak performance ? Also could they harm it ? Thanks for any input. Mark
I've tried them and they worked but I didn't do any comparison with alkalines. I couldn't tell any difference.

Cliff

I have used lithium AA batteries in my detector and they last about three times longer.:shock: ....Oh also three times the price! ... Unless you buy em on salešŸ˜

So a G PP AT can use a 9v battery or AA's ?? Mine PP came with no battery. I haven't used it yet. (Rookie )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom