2 keepers from this week's CRH

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
BUT NO SILVER! :p:p:roll::roll::roll::roll:

If you are a Steeler's fan then you will like the sticker ken KT recovered this week! It came out of Box 4, Boxes 1, 2, and 3 being total busts...not a proof, commemorative, 87 Ken or nuttin' in them!

Then Box 5 yielded the first Medio Balboa from Panama KT has gotten this year. It's of 1982 mintage. KT likes these coins (not as much as silver) because not only were they minted by the US Mint for Panama, but they have one of the most attractive high relief designs of all modern coins, IHMHO! Certainly they are not as attractive as our Walkers or modern 1 oz. silvers currently produced, but they are of higher relief than any other half dollar sized coin that KT has ever seen. Just something very attractive about the obverse....perhaps it is the classic almost Romanesce appearance....LIke side views of Caesar or the current Emperor that often appears on those hand struck coins.

Anyway, tho a silver bust this week, KT got 2 for His Royal Oddities Roll! :lol:

Enjoy the pics and best of luck to everyone!

Attachments

• CRH 09 19 2019 1 NFL Steelers sticker half.jpg
    CRH 09 19 2019 1 NFL Steelers sticker half.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 460
  • CRH 09 19 2019 1 Medio Balboa Panama.JPG
    CRH 09 19 2019 1 Medio Balboa Panama.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 392
Congrats on the keepers. Too bad on the silver drought, you're average is still up after the big silver haul a few weeks ago! Better luck next week. Oh, that is an attractive Balboa coin.

....the first Medio Balboa from Panama KT has gotten this year. It's of 1982 mintage. KT likes these coins (not as much as silver) because not only were they minted by the US Mint for Panama, but they have one of the most attractive high relief designs of all modern coins, IHMHO! ....

I detected an '82 Medio (half) Balboa earlier this year! It was in a little coin spill of three Panamanian coins.

Congrats on the keepers. Too bad on the silver drought, you're average is still up after the big silver haul a few weeks ago! Better luck next week. Oh, that is an attractive Balboa coin.

Thanks, Junkminer, for the wish of better silver luck! Yep, with CRHing as a hobby, one has to learn to take the lumps with the silver! :laughing::laughing:

Congrats on a nice Balboa. The sticker coin would have had much more appeal for me if it bore a Buffalo Bills sticker. Let the comments begin!

Congrats on your Balboa coin KT ! I have one that is quarter sized I have had for many years .It's also the name of the High school I attended so long ago. Definitely a beautiful coin !

Back
Top Bottom