Super Rookie

V-Bottom

New to the forum and brand new to metal detecting. I live near Galveston,Texas. I'm an OLD disabled Marine and needed a new hobby.Still awaiting some of the accessories and my Garrett ACE 400. Living near the beaches in this area, I figure I'll be sifting sand more than digging up dirt and rocks!!
Got a lot to learn and I'm sure Ill learn a lot here. Semper Fi 1966-:detector:

Welcome from southeast Missouri. You have found the right place for tips and advice. Lots of knowledgable folks here. We look forward to your posts.

Welcome from California. Thank you for your service ! Happy hunting

:fmdfwelcome:... from the Land of 10,000 Lakes - Minnesota! :grin: We're glad that you have joined us. Happy hunting! :mder:

Thank you for your service to our country. :tiphat:

:fmdfwelcome: Thanks for joining us! Please share with us about your finds. :D

Thank you for your service to our country! We are indebted to those who've served. :yes:

Thanx for all the Welcomes. I'm excited about getting to the beach this week. I've been watching some of those U-Tube video's everyday. Trying to pick up some pointers etc. I put my long handled sand scoop together. Funny thing...I had a small magnet and some zip ties on hand and decided to affix it to the back of the scoop, only to find out that coins Don't stick to it. Dumb me!! So, I took it off !! For what it's worth I got on EBAY and peeped out a cheap factory refurbished Go PRO 3 and a bunch of accessories. Probably get next Friday.
As a kid and an adult, I loved being in saltwater. The last 10 years was a bit of an eye opener. As the Gulf waters warm into the high 80 degree mark, that flesh eating bacteria breeds. We call it VIBRIO down here. It breeds in freshwater as well. People with open cuts and sores absorb the bacteria in their blood stream and within hours their feeling very ill and the affected area starts turning black. This stuff is Lethal. From Virginia south to Florida and all along the coast, many cases a year are reported...most die or have limbs removed. That's why I bought some rubber boots if I get near the water's edge. BTW, eating raw oyster's is another way to contract the bacteria. What this bacteria does to flesh is not a pretty sight. Well, enough of that.
I got my gear ready, so I believe I'll ease on down to the Texas City,Texas Dike and check out the beach. Thanx again for the welcome...God Bless and Stay Safe. (Ed)

Back
Top Bottom