• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First 10 hours on the Nox 600

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Today I crossed the 10 hour mark, and I would like to share a couple items.

First things first, it's deeper!
Today I found a wheat at 7", an injun at 8" and a buff at 8"

Second, the pinpointer feature sucks.
I am probably not doing it correctly, but it only works about 20% of the time.
Luckily I use the wiggle method, and get within an inch or two.

Third, the cord on the headphones is too darn short.
I must have hit it 20 times (after I set the machine down to dig the hole) with either my propointer or my Lesche!
I have only used Park 1 factory settings (threshold slight hum and volume at 25)

I think I am going to be using this machine exclusively for parks and leave my PRO for tearouts.

Attachments

• 10-20-19 goodies Nox 600.jpg
    10-20-19 goodies Nox 600.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 580
Try and make sure to start your pinpoint swing outside the object area or you will have issues with the volume being low if you start over the target.

Try and make sure to start your pinpoint swing outside the object area or you will have issues with the volume being low if you start over the target.

Yeah, tried that too.
I even tried it "up in the air" but no sound at all...

I had trouble like your explaining too with the pinpoint,,but I played with it and got it to where it worked good..It’s really powerful in pinpoint mode..I would wiggle like you said and hit the pinpoint button while doing the wiggle and it locked right on to the target,then just pull back....

Matt, congrats on the new rig. Give it time, it won't be long you will be pulling things out of places you hit before and saying how did I miss that ? Theres always that learning curve when switching to a new machine. And yes the pinpoint mode does seem a little wonky at times but with practice and wiggle back it does fine. Also, you can get a set of good wireless earbuds (recommended) on line for less than 50 bucks. Wireless was one of the features that sold me when the machine came out. I don't think I could go back to being tethered to a rig. Good luck. Mark

I have the same problem with mine sometimes..start 8 inches away from where you think the target is then pinpoint. If you're too close it has no sound. Sometimes I have to try coming at the target from 8 inches off more than once..and from more than one direction. Eventually it works. That machine will hit silver better than any of the other four I have owned...and test it against your pro (I own and love my at pro), but the nox digs about 1/10th the !!!! signals that ring up as good stuff (foil, caps, scrap)...the only thing that tricks it are old rusty nails...I'm currently having issues with the 6 inch coil and nails..its my new problem of the month. Other than that...LOVE the NOX.

I must have hit it 20 times (after I set the machine down to dig the hole) with either my propointer or my Lesche!
I have only used Park 1 factory settings (threshold slight hum and volume at 25)

I think I am going to be using this machine exclusively for parks and leave my PRO for tearouts.

Looks like youre off to a great start. Im sure youve already witnessed this, but when i first started with the nox i passed up a lot of decent sounding signals in the 30s thinking it was iron falsing. Dont be afraid to dig them as more likely than not its a deep coin of some sort. Even the one way signals. Once i learned that....game on!

I cant address the pinpoint function because i dont use it, but its been reported to death that it sucks.

Consider a pair of bluetooth earbuds. I picked up a pair of Sound PEATS Q12 + and they are awesome. They only last about 6 hours but sound way better than the stock offering and no lag.

Last edited:
I have the same problem with mine sometimes..start 8 inches away from where you think the target is then pinpoint. If you're too close it has no sound. Sometimes I have to try coming at the target from 8 inches off more than once..and from more than one direction. Eventually it works. That machine will hit silver better than any of the other four I have owned...and test it against your pro (I own and love my at pro), but the nox digs about 1/10th the !!!! signals that ring up as good stuff (foil, caps, scrap)...the only thing that tricks it are old rusty nails...I'm currently having issues with the 6 inch coil and nails..its my new problem of the month. Other than that...LOVE the NOX.

Them rusty nails sure sound good! And DEEP! More than once I've stood over a target looking at 34-35, 6"deep and thinking "it sounds too good to be true!" Lol. It usually is.... thankfully the horseshoe button does a decent enough job and throwing a iron number.

I'm having similar issues but the performance of this machine to me is incredible . I've got a little bit more time on it than you have but still have much more to learn on it .

When I bought my 600 I got it used for a great price with a whole lot of extra goodies . Two of which were two different sets of wireless headphones . I have not mastered the use of these yet either . I got one set to charge up and got to use it for about an hour and a half until it started faltering on me and wouldn't stay linked up to the machine . Luckily , I found a set of wired headphones that have the 1/8 plug in with a longer cord that I didn't even know I had .
I really liked the freedom of movement of the wireless and someday if I ever get the time I will devote it to getting squared away with learning to properly mastering them .
It seems there's always some kind of trade off involved with detectors and equipment . I really like the fact you can just pick up your wired headphones and just head out without having to worry about them being fully charged . I also like the security of batteries .

Not a bad idea ! One will always do something better than the other can do in different circumstances . Best of luck to you and congratulations on your finds .

Mike had mentioned you might get a "Nox" Matt. Time will tell you a pretty good story as you get to know the machine. Looks like you have already seen a lot of difference between the AT Pro and the new Minelab. Congrats on the finds and the new machine. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom