Back to Missoula - good permission! Silvers & Oddities

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
I mentioned in another thread that I had a great 1929 home permission up in Missoula, so with nice weather here today on Monday, with a friend I headed out to check out the yard. This home proved to be a disappointment, even though there was a nice big yard, it may have been hunted before as high tones were scarce and there were hardly any targets. My best coin was a 1971-D Kennedy Half - (rang up a steady "91" on the AT Pro), other than that, the copper ladies compact was found by my friend (uses AT Max), and a couple of copper pennies and a clad quarter.

The neighboring house looked early ca 1918, and I approached the homeowner and got the OK. This yard was really odd... the rifle cartridges, belt buckle, pulley, key, fruit jar lids, and the awesome cigarette case came out of this yard. The cig case rang up as a huge target, but near enough to the surface that I decided to dig it. Other than that, not much old in the way of coins but for some wheat pennies and clad. I also got a "HENNY PENNY COIN // CHICKEN FEED PLAY COIN" in this yard, much smaller than a dime and made of copper. An odd one for sure!

The next door neighbor across the street was heading out to walk her dog, so I set down my machine and crossed over to check on possible permission. She was really nice, and gave us the OK to detect her front yard. This last home was built in 1938, and looked well kept up and nice. My friend found the really cool scissors pin, never seen anything like that! This yard also produced 3 Silvers for me, in one 10' square area. First was the Silver Quarter, then the Merc Dime, then a hard pull from some big roots, the Silver Rosie. Also got a Susan B. Anthony dollar coin, a rare find for me.

We hunted for about 3 1/2 hours and had a great time, thank you for your interest!

Attachments

• cz1.jpg
    cz1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 447
  • cz2.jpg
    cz2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 403
  • cz3.jpg
    cz3.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 396
Second pic may be an opium tin ?
Sweet finds, also like the antique scissors, congrats.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike! I do like that odd scissors item too. The case does have a pair of clips inside, like they held one row of cigarettes, so that is why I thought it was a case for them.

Another very nice outing David. Love the case and its designs. Congrats on adding Three more Silver's along with all the rest to the count. Trapper

LS, congrats on the silver and another great hunt. Love the cig case. HH Mark

Thanks Mark, I like that fancy case too!

Another very nice outing David. Love the case and its designs. Congrats on adding Three more Silver's along with all the rest to the count. Trapper

Thanks Trapper. Have 15 more to go to get to the magical 200 this year, hope I can make it!

You did say “oddities” and you do have those David! While I love finding old coins, the occasional “ what the heck is THAT” is an interesting part of this too! Congrats on doing the work it takes to be successful in what you’re doing, all this doesn’t just fall out of the sky like some think...

Kevin

You did say “oddities” and you do have those David! While I love finding old coins, the occasional “ what the heck is THAT” is an interesting part of this too! Congrats on doing the work it takes to be successful in what you’re doing, all this doesn’t just fall out of the sky like some think...

Kevin

Thanks IDX Kevin! For sure, I didn't get any silvers till the last 1/2 hour and a small part of the last yard. The odd finds were cool, probably more in that 2nd yard as there were some weird signals.

Back
Top Bottom