• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Help with shotgun shell head, bullet & more

baustin

We went out to a place in town today where an old store once stood..and found these. Can someone help date the shotgun shell head, notice the primer is "raised" above the brass..and what are those little words around the primer?

Also, the long metal thing with thin holes..is that a Harmonica reed?..if so, is there anyway to date it? ..The other round thing is a locket or broach perhaps?

Last is the bullet, I noticed the single "ring" groove in it..does that mean its civil war era?

Any info on dates/time periods for this little find would be great!:?:

Attachments

• bullet 1.jpg
    bullet 1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 192
  • bullet2.jpg
    bullet2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Broach.jpg
    Broach.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 178
  • shell1.jpg
    shell1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 187
  • shell2.jpg
    shell2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 178
  • shell3.jpg
    shell3.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 179
  • REED.jpg
    REED.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 182
  • together.jpg
    together.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 178
Congrat's on the harmonica reed, an what appears to be a carved bullet, not 100% sure it's cw or not ,...maybe though.:D

The only thing that I can help you with is the shotshell head. The Winchester Repeater was one of Winchester's most popular lines of shotshells. Your particular head will date from 1904-1927. It's a nice find.

Doug

And the writing around the primer is W.R.A. Co New Haven Ct., which is Winchester Repeating Arms Company and their location.

My thanks to all for helping me, I sure wish I new more about the old bullet, I haven't been able to find out much online. The bullet looks like it is a ricochet off of something but I don't know enough to be sure. Thank again to all

Back
Top Bottom