CTX 3030 - Does anyone use pitch hold for response

sandgroper

Elite Member
Here goes another question, does anyone use 'pitch hold' as a response tone? I tried it out today, and it sounds quite cool, but is there any benefit of using it, i.e. is there a use for it?

I use it to overcome boredom

I get annoyed hearing the same threshold tone so I use it for variety. It is supposed to let you know you passed a weak good signal but in my experience you either get a strong response or not....

Ironic that this post is here. I was reading Andy's book yesterday about it, as I hunt deeper old coins and relics, I've decided to try it on my next hunt.

I get annoyed hearing the same threshold tone so I use it for variety. It is supposed to let you know you passed a weak good signal but in my experience you either get a strong response or not....

I've found the same..even deep targets are there or they're not. I would imagine Pitch Hold would really be a problem if you were working in a site that was subject to a fair amount of iron falsing? Haven't played with it much...in order to hone my hearing to what is a good response or not I need to be using the same audio response all the time,and that is a Normal.

I run it at times but just not huge fan of it. Like IDX said they are either their or not and if its a mystery coin then I guess I find it on the next pass....how I roll!!!

So does Andy reckon it helps with hearing deep targets?

As I recall, he states that a deeper hit, that may be too faint a hit to hear, will still shift the threshold pitch. This shift in threshold alerts you to the missed hit so you can more intently investigate the spot.

As I recall, he states that a deeper hit, that may be too faint a hit to hear, will still shift the threshold pitch. This shift in threshold alerts you to the missed hit so you can more intently investigate the spot.

Try it in your test bed and see, i did. You might also try the smooth and long in your test bed , if you have some trash buried with your good targets or near them , you might find some interesting results.

Was one of the best things about the Sovereign, so yes I do use it on the CTX. Those tiny blips of a target that you may miss, are obvious when the threshold tone changes.

Back
Top Bottom