Gold cross

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Well it was a red flag day yesterday and the water was just unhuntable. Started with a stiff neck, right heal had me some what hobbling..... then it rained on me first thing.:lol: BUT..... i was there so decided to hunt some dry sand. Which is my last resort .... i just dont like the heat anymore and the amount of trash. I set the MDT up for gold hunting...... basicly just looking for 1 to 13 digits. By the way bottle caps fall at 15 or higher.... tent pegs in the NEG. I get pull tabs at 7 so im dealing with most foil in the 4 range... but not all foil. Running in AM i dug the cross first ....... about 5" down solid 4. What i realized was ..... in AM the machine just gives a response of BANG BANG every time you swing over the target. A lot of water machines with multi tones have a tendancy to break up in an attempt to give a more accurate ID. So i should have that as a problem. No chain around.... but i think this one was buried by the tractor and maybe moved since i was a good ways from the main beach area. Man ..... i couldnt believe the amount of bottle caps and tent pegs out there.

Attachments

• IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 812
:dingding: I don't mind the dry sand as a lot of you on here do, it's just brutal in this heat unless you're out there early. The dry sand is not bad in the late fall winter when the water is too rough. Congrats on the cross - very nice looking! Any id so you can try and return the soldier's ring?

No I’d on the ring....just an ole cheapy. Don’t believe these were recent drops. Both were 5” or so down in hard packed sand.

Loving that crucifix...My buddy has a MDT and he does not beach hunt..I've held it and I will say that they are very well built..But the tones seem kinda weekish and it would be something that I would have to get used to. Nice Haul

strick

Nice cross Dew. Question, have you done any air test with the MDT vs Nox 800 on gold chains ? I would like to know what the depth difference on that cross is between the Nox and MDT.

LSU.....I tested over 150 pieces of gold various kinds and K. There were only 2 the Nox hit on a really tiny cross and earring the MDT didn’t see....but neither did the Xcal or CTX. I’d bet the Nox won’t see them IN the water because i was on beach 1 and barely got them. I’m not a fan of the ping pongs in disc.....because they are very exacting. But try it in AM....now that I like. It really air test pretty well. But in the ground it just is deeper than the Nox. Couple of inches like I said on a 2.7 gram ring. To much EMI here at the house to be fair to the Nox. You can tweak and play with settings all you want to get things about equal.....but that don’t help if you have to dumb down the Nox to really hunt. Thats why i do most of my tests with any machine based on what i can get out of it hunting. LOT of people cant put the Nox down..... why because they THINK they are going to miss a chain. How many small ones you seen posted? I got 6 last year.... the smallest was .3 grams..... found with .... wait for it ..... the Xcal in PP mode. Dont fool yourself we are ring hunting..... or FOIL hunting for some with the Nox.:laughing:

Joe......dont make me take you to worst beaches than ive been doing.:laughing:

Last edited:
WTG Dewcon nice stuff ,still getting straightened out up here in NC. Havn't been hunting in about 5 to 6 years, but still get the urge, I got a freshwater lake close by I might try if my legs will let me. HH

Health and age slow us all down eventually......but ain’t it fun the stories we can tell. Old detector guys never die they just slowly hunt less. Get out when ya can.

I'm a Cross person so that cross to me is A Keeper! NIce save Mr Dew!

Back
Top Bottom