All my finds from vacation

pryan67

Forum Supporter
Spent a week in NC...everything was great...had some great hunts with madmanx and his wife.

I ended up finding 7 rings...one which broke into pieces once I put it in my bag :( It was a junker, but still counts. An average of one ring each day, which makes for a great week :)

Three were sterling, and four "junk" rings. Also found 5.14 in clad, two pairs of sunglasses, a bobby pin that's got diamond like decorations on it, three earrings, one of which has an opal(ish) stone, a gold tone palm tree pendant, and of course I kept my first pull tab I found on the beach as a souvenir. Still no gold unless that opal earring turns out to be gold...but I doubt it is. Looks plated to me. I need to clean it up some

Over all a great vacation until Friday night...our last night there we got rear ended...no one was hurt and no real damage, but still annoying. Had to wait over an hour for the police officer to show up (he was on his way to us, and another accident happened right in front of him).

Attachments

• IMG_1606.jpg
    IMG_1606.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 384
That's a pretty high ring count for your finds. Did you hunt sand or water?

Looks like most my hunts. Law of averages says we got to clear out a ratio of junk jewelry similar to what you got. bad thing is your ratio was sort of pointing to gold on your next hunt:shock: Just kidding. I use a dustpan to scoop up most my beach finds on the way to the recycle bin. Heck i consider my hunt today a win since i found a hotwheels car and handed it to a father to give to one of his sons who was all smiles;)

Looks like most my hunts. Law of averages says we got to clear out a ratio of junk jewelry similar to what you got. bad thing is your ratio was sort of pointing to gold on your next hunt:shock: Just kidding. I use a dustpan to scoop up most my beach finds on the way to the recycle bin. Heck i consider my hunt today a win since i found a hotwheels car and handed it to a father to give to one of his sons who was all smiles;)

:) I'm hoping for gold soon.

My definition of a "winning" hunt is if I find at least a penny that can be spent :) Finding cars and toys is a lot of fun. I didn't show it, but I also found a Pound Puppy toy...

Plus this thing that a magnet didn't stick to, but was heavy and definitely the target in the hole.

I broke it open yesterday with my hunting partner up here...

turned out to be a D cell battery....VERY disappointing LOL..I was hoping for a dubloon

Attachments

• IMG_1591.jpg
    IMG_1591.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 297
Spent a week in NC...everything was great...had some great hunts with madmanx and his wife.

Over all a great vacation until Friday night...our last night there we got rear ended...no one was hurt and no real damage, but still annoying.

Pat, it was great to meet you and your son. Who knew you could make a new friend through a random post on the forum :cool3:

I'm really sorry to hear about your accident. Unfortunately our county is in the top 3 for accidents in NC. We have a LOT of college kids and many beach distractions here. I hope it doesn't taint your opinion of our town and you come back so we can hit the spoil island and the other areas that are only accessible via boat.

Thanks for giving a couple of noobs some detecting hints. It was fun watching you hunt. You are very fast and efficient.

Take care,
Bud

Pat, it was great to meet you and your son. Who knew you could make a new friend through a random post on the forum :cool3:

I'm really sorry to hear about your accident. Unfortunately our county is in the top 3 for accidents in NC. We have a LOT of college kids and many beach distractions here. I hope it doesn't taint your opinion of our town and you come back so we can hit the spoil island and the other areas that are only accessible via boat.

Thanks for giving a couple of noobs some detecting hints. It was fun watching you hunt. You are very fast and efficient.

Take care,
Bud

It was a true pleasure to meet you and your wife...Alex and I had a great time. The knife he found started rusting almost immediately, but I was able to clean it up for him so it's good as new now.

It was a true pleasure to meet you and your wife...Alex and I had a great time. The knife he found started rusting almost immediately, but I was able to clean it up for him so it's good as new now.

That knife was a great find and in great shape for being in the salty sand. Believe it or not, the hardware on our house pits due to the salt in the air. We live ~1 mile from the ocean.

Until next time...
Bud

Good Times

A bump the road, is alway's expected , better than a vacation in the Dominican Rep. :shock: , soon nobody will be vacationing thier , you did good on vacation in find's , its been a long time gold has come my way , Tungsten last season , no big deal , as getting out whenever, getting exercise , swinging , is all that counts , i find it's a great stress reliever for me, beside's living close to the beach now, glad you had fun, Earl

A bump the road, is alway's expected , better than a vacation in the Dominican Rep. :shock: , soon nobody will be vacationing thier , you did good on vacation in find's , its been a long time gold has come my way , Tungsten last season , no big deal , as getting out whenever, getting exercise , swinging , is all that counts , i find it's a great stress reliever for me, beside's living close to the beach now, glad you had fun, Earl

Exactly...it's a GREAT stress reliever...especially once I let my self relax and ignore what was going on at work :)

As long as I don't get totally skunked, I'm happy.

Pryan67 reply

I had a hard time seperating work when i was on vacation, or even off work, i was alway's under stress & pressure , all now gone at age 50, now 59 its all about keeping healthy & most important keeping active , plenty things to do retired, but noone to push you, no boss , unless your married after retirement , happy hunting, Earl

Back
Top Bottom