DMV Area

GreyMetal

Hello! I am an old member but I have taken a long break from the hobby. I joined this forum and bought my detector in the spring of 2016 but life took over and I had to move from New Jersey to DC.

I'm looking for someone who can show me the ropes in the Virginia/ Maryland area. I can't imagine there is a single spot in the District you are allowed to detect in..

Anyway, respond here or PM me! I am hoping to get my detector back from New Jersey within the month and it would be cool if there was anyone around the area who might be able to show me where you can and can't hunt and such.

Thanks!

Dmv? Dept of motor vehicles?

Actually, the Department of Motor Vehicles is easier to deal with than anything in the Unfairtax County government. I don't think things get reasonable until you get past Alexandria, Arlington, and Fairfax counties in VA. YMMV.

-- Tom

I'm in Dupont Circle, deep down in the belly of the beast. Also looking for places to hunt since moving back up here.

DC is tough. Concrete jungle where I live. Anything green is Federal/NPS.

I've got some friends out Warrenton/Manassas way with a few acres. That might be my best bet.

Aside from my "permanent collection" of analog classics like Whites 5900/6000, Nautilus, Treasure Barons, GMT 1650, and the like, I recently picked up a Multi Kreuzer, Vista Smart+, and a G2+ to check out...so I've got the detectors if you gots the permissions!

So how's the DMV area looking? I am new to detecting up here, anyone get have any good spots going?

Back
Top Bottom