minelab 600

bxlarry

I am looking to replace my Tesoro sand shark with the minelab 600. I do mainly salt water beaches, wet sand and shallow water. Will this do the job

Good choice ...based on the SS uS. Depends on you minerals as to depth.... but covering more beach during a hunt will surprise you. It’s a great improvement over older machines in the wet and dry sand

You can go wireless until the head unit is submerged then they cut out. For water headphones get something with volume. Tony E. headphones are good. I have not tried some of the others.

The Nox 600 is a very good wet sand hunter.

I loved my SS but my Noxy kicked its butt!

Depends....are looking at going wireless or being connected? Some are just using wireless waterproof earbuds. Also.....how much you want to put out? I’m guessing....your SS is the 8”? I believe you will be surprised by this machine.

Don't try the Grey Ghost amphibians. Can hardly hear with them maxed out. Fixing to take mine apart and get rid of the limiter.

I can't comment on the depth comparison. Perhaps the shark is deeper than the 600 ? The shark is a PI after all. And it's always hard to argue with pulse's depth and versatility on the beach.

HOWEVER : The immediate benefit on moving from the shark to the 600, will be the ability to pass iron (nails, etc...). For that reason alone I would always prefer a discriminating machine. At least on the beaches I hunt, where a person might go psycho digging all the bobby pins, bent nails, etc....

And the 600 also retains an ability (if you choose certain option/settings) to find some incredibly small stuff (ie.: micro-jewelry).

If micro-jewelry isn't your objective (so that you're not bedevilled with teennnssyy foil turds), then machines like the CTX, Excal, Sovereign, etc... are also killer beach machines in the wet-salt.

Tom I’ve used both here in Fl...I got $50 says it ain’t. Not all PIs are created equal. It will find smaller gold than the bbs/fbs....but not micro. IMO that would take the 800 using the gold freqs.

bought the 600

Bought the excal 600. Lots of learning to do. First day on the beach. some clad,cheap earring. Love the weight

Back
Top Bottom