Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 09-20-2020, 01:33 PM
georgeinsc's Avatar
georgeinsc georgeinsc is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ladson SC
Posts: 3,275
Default

Some years back i had a problem with my Garrett Pro Pointer. Bought the Cen-Tec from Harbor Freight Cost me around 15 dollars. It had to be touching a coin to detect it.
Then when the temps got over 85 degrees it would beep constantly. Garrett fixed my Pro Pointer under warranty and shipped it back to me by UPS. They had it like three days total.
Reply With Quote


  #42  
Old 09-20-2020, 01:58 PM
Silversmith45's Avatar
Silversmith45 Silversmith45 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 10,515
Default

Originally Posted by Bluesguitar1 View post
I am in love with Amazon Prime! As time goes on, with all the data mining, it will only get better.
I don't use credit cards so I used gift cards when buying from Amazon. The last time I tried to buy an expensive item they wouldn't honor their gift card unless I had a credit card too. If I had one I wouldn't have bought their gift card in the first place. I never renewed my Prime account.

__________________
CZ-6 Original Silver Sabre Garrett 2500 Oldest coins 1855 French Dix Centimes 1871 IH 1877cc Seated Liberty Dime 1888 V Nickel

Reply With Quote


  #43  
Old 09-25-2020, 12:57 PM
J4ck's Avatar
J4ck J4ck is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: New England
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by shellhouse View post
GP Pointer 2 is reportedly better and waterproof. Super pleased with mine and even sold my others including TRX, F-Pulse. Not for everybody, and F-Pulse was the highest quality of any I used.

It can be found under Shrxy pinpointer on Amazon, and it's the one closer to $30, not the cheaper original GP. Who knows if it'll hold up but will take the chance for the price. Will gladly water test mine and do some hard use tests as well.
Can confirm. The updated version is in another league.
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #44  
Old 09-28-2020, 10:32 AM
mh9162013 mh9162013 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: KY
Posts: 391
Default

Originally Posted by shellhouse View post
GP Pointer 2 is reportedly better and waterproof. Super pleased with mine and even sold my others including TRX, F-Pulse. Not for everybody, and F-Pulse was the highest quality of any I used.

It can be found under Shrxy pinpointer on Amazon, and it's the one closer to $30, not the cheaper original GP. Who knows if it'll hold up but will take the chance for the price. Will gladly water test mine and do some hard use tests as well.
Is it the one that looks like a TRX and is black?
Reply With Quote


  #45  
Old 09-28-2020, 01:21 PM
shellhouse's Avatar
shellhouse shellhouse is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: GA, US
Posts: 271
Default

Originally Posted by mh9162013 View post
Is it the one that looks like a TRX and is black?
Yep, they also have an orange one for more visibility but it has a lost pinpointer function if left on like other units. I have a couple of the black GP2's. TRX has/had some obvious advantages such as target ratcheting / ground grab and more sensitivity at the tip vs sides but can't really complain. The GP2 I tested is definitely waterproof and floats too.
Reply With Quote


  #46  
Old 09-28-2020, 04:22 PM
mh9162013 mh9162013 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: KY
Posts: 391
Default

Originally Posted by shellhouse View post
Yep, they also have an orange one for more visibility but it has a lost pinpointer function if left on like other units. I have a couple of the black GP2's. TRX has/had some obvious advantages such as target ratcheting / ground grab and more sensitivity at the tip vs sides but can't really complain. The GP2 I tested is definitely waterproof and floats too.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm more than happy with my Garrett Carrot, but I love to tinker, so I may give that "GP2" a closer look.
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.