Three boxes of halves in 24 hours.

0z0ne

Skunk.....
Skunk.

And SKUNK!!

All three were from the same bank (FED supplied). I am a new customer there and the tellers have been happy to give up their 5k of half boxes. They also informed be of a bag containing 1k mixed dollar coins too. I will have to look into that!

In other news, I cleaned out my girlfriends mothers garage today and found a 1945 merc! Yipee!

It's funny too, that I told my girlfriend this and she presented me with her own little stash of oldies. We've been together for three years and I didn't know f it's existence! She's got a handful of wheats including a 1909 (no mm) VDB and a buffalo. Crazy!!

Thanks for reading! I'll keep you posted with all those half boxes!

I did 3 boxes at one time once, and all were skunks as well. I have had luck before but i hear Christmas time is the best time, so around December I'm gonna try again.

In my situation, I can buy the halves that my CU's lobby coin counter collects. That has been my best bet for finding newly "discarded" coins. Brinks rolls still produce. I'm still inspired by the occational CHRr finding WLH franklin and even barber halves. The silver is out there.

Yes indeed!
I thank you for the kind words my friends.

I think I'd be satisfied if I could just find ONE Franklin. Just a single old silver and I'd be fine if I never found a silver half again!

We shall see :)

Back
Top Bottom