since the ground is FROZEN...BOUGHT me a small silver hoard :)

351maverick

Elite Member
a friend at work & I were talking about coins & he mentioned his mom is a big coin collector - he has NO interest whatsoever in the hobby, or silver for that matter

today he brought in a little bag of some of the loose coins he had hanging around & asked if I wanted to take a look - here is the lot...one silver 1991 1oz American Eagle, two 23 Peace dollars, two 64 Kennedys. three 40%ers, the Walking Liberty quarter & half, 2 mercs & 2 rosies

I added up the melt price out loud, and when we got well over a hundred bucks he said "Larry, give me a $100 bill & we'll call it a day."

well HECK YEAH!

he mentioned he has a LOT more & if I'm interested in a deal so is he

the first pic is as received, the later ones are after I toothpasted everything other than the 40%ers
DSC02351_zpse792a756.jpg

DSC02352_zpse74e8e03.jpg

DSC02353_zps171c47e1.jpg

DSC02357_zpsaae38154.jpg

DSC02358_zps7e618c28.jpg

...and I thought toothpaste was just for brushing teeth LOL

yes there was tape on a few of these coins - I see that a lot

Great deal

However - I wouldn't recommend doing anything to those coins in the future until you're sure that you don't have something more than "junk" silver coins. For instance - the dateless SLQ could still be attributed as a 1916 - and while super rare - which is why it's expensive - you would hate to take toothpaste to it.

I wouldn't clean anything personally - but at least check dates/MM before you do that.

Back
Top Bottom