Any ideas?

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
I know its a 1931 mercury before someone has the need to tell me :laughing: any ideas on the item to the right? It appears to be copper, not brass as its more orange than yellow... Initial thought was a small key but I don't think that is it... Possibly a small piece off of something bigger? Found in a park that goes back to the 1800's a couple weeks ago. Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• 1119181923~2.jpg
    1119181923~2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 711
  • 1119181923a~2.jpg
    1119181923a~2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 688
I remember some cans that used to open with a key that would wind and pull a metal strip to separate the lid from the rest of the can. I can't tell what kind of metal that is, but that reminds me of the top part a little bit.

-- Tom

Thanks for your input guys! Though I still feel like it was something else, it may just be a piece of junk, I was hoping it was a Jesuit cross or key or something :laughing:

I remember some cans that used to open with a key that would wind and pull a metal strip to separate the lid from the rest of the can. I can't tell what kind of metal that is, but that reminds me of the top part a little bit.

-- Tom
That's the first thing I thought. Tuna cans and sardines used those along with a lot of others.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Looks like a St. Benedict-type crucifix medal. They feature a circle shape at the top of the cross, like this one.
2ba64fce663f7f69c093e51e7238ab34.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

i know its a 1931 mercury before someone has the need to tell me :laughing: Any ideas on the item to the right? It appears to be copper, not brass as its more orange than yellow... Initial thought was a small key but i don't think that is it... Possibly a small piece off of something bigger? Found in a park that goes back to the 1800's a couple weeks ago. Thanks for any input!

i think thats a turn key for a lantern. Moves the wick up and down. Old carbide lamps had them too.

Back
Top Bottom