Garbage Tide Old Gold!

Swinglow

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
As seems to always be the case lately, I had a whole hour to hit the beach today. At least it was around low tide this time. Unfortunately it was a +0.8 and the wind was blowing it in so it never really went out. Right off the bat, I got in the water armed with my new Equinox about chest deep and found a trough. The problem was that it ran diagonally away from me into deeper water than my waders could take. I hit the (almost) honker on the first target. I had dreams of a 5 gold hunt. Over the next hour I just couldn’t seem to get the coil over much else before it was time to meet up with my buddy for business stuff. I did find a couple lead toys and part of a skeleton key.
The good thing is I’m starting a new company with a good friend and we will be based out of a shoreline town so I’ll be near the beach a lot more. I can’t wait for some nor’easters. Ring is 14k and old. Weighs in just shy of honker status at 9.48g. I’ll Try to make a new electrolysis rig so I can clean it up and get better pics.
aa9e6b1aabbd416829baabf996e2ecc9.jpg

606cdb45b8e177996f8716c5665624da.jpg

9d94ca9c9fb6020a9692fb672b95c6d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet!
My wife's brother may buy a beach house in Connecticut! You may find me at your beach one of these years? Who knows? I hope...

Great ring. Like the purple stone.

Should have called your buddy and had the meeting in the parking lot at the beach. Show him the ring... he'll understand :lol:

Beautiful! I love old gold! And the good Most of it is 14k..

I would date the ring very early 1900's going by the fineness mark.

Great ring. Like the purple stone.

Should have called your buddy and had the meeting in the parking lot at the beach. Show him the ring... he'll understand :lol:

He was combing for beach glass while I was in the water. I got him into detecting but couldn’t bring both Nox’s with me on this trip.

The best part was I loaned his sons my little crappy hand scoop. They must have left it at the beach and nobody noticed. Yesterday I got a weird signal and literally pulled up my scoop to see my other scoop hanging out of the basket. Couldn’t believe it[emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice amethyst cabochon George... 5 gold huh? Maybe after a big storm... these beaches are picked over down here... I'm doing dirt right now...

Back
Top Bottom