• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Shout out for Garrett's Repair Dept

blackdavy

I have a 2004 Infinium that I purchased in 2005. I have had nothing but pleasure detecting with it for 16 years. This spring at the beach those darn nylon bolts that hold the bulkhead housing to the shaft let loose and the housing went swinging from the shaft. I had to rig up a temp sling off my detecting belt to continue the hunt as it was a 2-hour drive to the beach. Well between the yank on the coil wire at the bulkhead and the continuous use after ended up causing a bad connection on the coil at the bulkhead connection.

The great part is Garrett replaced o-rings, bulkhead coil and headphone connections, the connector on the coil, new battery cover, and batteries for less than $82 and they turned around the repair in 3 days! WOW.

Any time I have had an issue with a Garrett detector the service you receive is unbelievable. That is why I own 3 Garrett detectors service after the purchase.

'blackdavy', 'Welcome' to the Forum, and 'Thank You' for sharing your appreciation for Garrett Metal Detector service. Aside from designing and providing some terrific products, they support their efforts by providing some of the best service in the industry. I use detectors ... and assortment of what works for me in the different applications where needed ... as I have for over 56 years. I've used many of their models going back to the 'GE' era of the latter '60s and on to the present. Of my current 7 detectors, 3 of them are Garrett Apex devices. I also have a 4th Apex that is assigned duty as a 'loaner-unit' for family and friends.

I also keep a few older detectors on-hand to use in my Metal Detecting Seminars to demonstrate what we had and how we got to where we are today. Of that group, 4 of them are Garrett models, with 3 in excellent working condition and looking quite good. Only 1 of them is in need of service, and it's the same model that worked great for me as a Coin Hunting detector from '81 thru '83. That one I'll take along on a drive over to Garrett and see if they can fix it up for me, to join the rest of the Garrett Team here at Monte's Detecting Ranch.

Glad to hear, once again, about their quick and efficient service, and again, 'Welcome' and we'll look for future contributions here.

Monte

PS: For those wondering, the 'GE' era I referred to was when they were called and marketed as Garrett Electronics before switching to Garrett Metal Detector.

I have a 2004 Infinium that I purchased in 2005. I have had nothing but pleasure detecting with it for 16 years. This spring at the beach those darn nylon bolts that hold the bulkhead housing to the shaft let loose and the housing went swinging from the shaft. I had to rig up a temp sling off my detecting belt to continue the hunt as it was a 2-hour drive to the beach. Well between the yank on the coil wire at the bulkhead and the continuous use after ended up causing a bad connection on the coil at the bulkhead connection.

The great part is Garrett replaced o-rings, bulkhead coil and headphone connections, the connector on the coil, new battery cover, and batteries for less than $82 and they turned around the repair in 3 days! WOW.

Any time I have had an issue with a Garrett detector the service you receive is unbelievable. That is why I own 3 Garrett detectors service after the purchase.

Garrett is the gold standard on service! They are excellent!

Back
Top Bottom