China ACE-250 (MD-3010 II )

Buy American is not so simple.

Buy a Mac computer, or an IBM PC (Lenovo), or an iPad, or an iPhone, or just about any Android phone. How about a Vizio TV? Vizio is headquartered in Silicon Valley, but where is the TV made? How about White's? They are in Oregon but, pull out the circuit board and look at the component's origins.

It is hard to buy local made. Just look at any unpacked boxes in most any store , or when they are unloading trucks, you'll most likely see the made in china on those boxes.

I'd like to buy decent boots to last, and even buying from name brand store, and paying good money does not insure that somewhere in small print you'll again see the dreaded made in china label.

And for the detectors made in america, there is no question that at least some of the parts came from you know where.

Where ever they are made, I'd still buy local for service, or support of any kind should you ever need it. Support your most local dealer. Never know when you might him to get you a part or accessory, or help / advice. I you bought somewhere else to save a lousy $1.oo why should he be interested in helping you.

Correction: The manufacturers are stipulating their domestic dealers to not sell out of country. The dealer has a territory that they are supposed to sell in. If the manufacturer wants to sell in NZ, they will have an official importer located there. You may not like their asking price, but that is a different story.

Price is only one small aspect of it - Advice, support, selection etc etc and of course supporting sponsers on these forums - As I am aware there is no better advice for metal detecting than here so it makes sense to purchase your equipment from the same & NOT someone locally who has purchased a couple of units and are handed a dealership -

Price is only one small aspect of it - Advice, support, selection etc etc and of course supporting sponsers on these forums - As I am aware there is no better advice for metal detecting than here so it makes sense to purchase your equipment from the same & NOT someone locally who has purchased a couple of units and are handed a dealership -

FYI, there is no such thing as being "handed" a dealership as you describe. In order to become a dealer for most brands you have to prove that you have a business AND you are required to purchase thousands, often $10,000 or more in equipment before they will allow you be a dealer with rights to order from a distributor.

FYI, there is no such thing as being "handed" a dealership as you describe. In order to become a dealer for most brands you have to prove that you have a business AND you are required to purchase thousands, often $10,000 or more in equipment before they will allow you be a dealer with rights to order from a distributor.

Well havent I been put right then - :shock:

So you have to have an "existing business" first to become a dealer?

You "have to purchase thousands of dollars ($10,000+) of equipment before you are allowed to be a dealer" ...........

I have been led to believe on several dealer application forms that there is a minimum order requirement regarding obtaining and holding on to a dealership & I have never seen mention of the above two requirements you stated -

Now I am not saying what you have stated is not true, however if it is true then it makes sense for a customer to buy from a reputable dealer they see fit & NOT have to wait until someone in NZ has $10k to burn -

Finally I am familiar with a good metal detector dealer in NZ & they did not have a business, yet obtained a dealership - Perhaps they are the exception

Back
Top Bottom