where should i metal detect im new to it

mack118

Hi i live in northwest ohio and i just bought a metal dector. I was wondering where some good places to detect are i have looked in a field behind my house and only found iron.

i have a quick draw II

Hi i live in northwest ohio and i just bought a metal dector. I was wondering where some good places to detect are i have looked in a field behind my house and only found iron.

i have a quick draw II

welcome to the forum!
you might find better targets closer to your actual house (but likely more nails and other iron signals too).
parks, tot lots, beaches if you got 'em, private properties (with permission of course). you might also want to check into any regulations for your area about MDing. in some places it's a no-no, other places you might need a permit.
HH

Pete

whould a good place be a barn that burt down like 5 or 6 years ago

you might find some relics there, but likely fire damaged ones. and you're sure to get a LOT of iron signals, namely NAILS.
as for coins, gold or silver.... who knows. as with any site, there could be "anything" there, but you won't know what is there for sure until you actually search there. if nothing else, it might be some good practice for you, locating and pin pointing your targets. :)

A good place to search is anywhere people have been or frequent. :D

:exactly:

Hate to say it but lots of iron is a good indication that there is better targets. What detector did you buy? You could most likely disc/notch out the iron and dig everything else.

Back
Top Bottom