Bart Starr will be honored...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al...ns-to-remember-bart-starr.html?outputType=amp

I am heartbroken, this happens when one of your childhood heros passes away.
This man was my first sports crush and continued to be throughout my entire life.
Little did I know that decades later I would meet the man himself and his wonderful wife nor did I ever think that I would become even more of a fan after I saw what he did with his life after he retired.
This is why I think the world of them...

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=242534

This man and his wife had a foundation that gave a lot of money to several charities, both animals and children, were compassionate, supportive and were the most gracious couple I have ever met.
Bart should be honored for his accomplishments in sports as the Packers will be doing all this year but for those of us that were lucky to live near him and his wife and had interaction with them over the years of were on the receiving end of their heartfelt generosity through their charities, actions or words are a little more heartbroken than most.
We feel for his wonderful wife, Cherry, she is not in the greatest health at 85 but she is still going.
I can't imagine the loss she feels after being married to this giant of a man since 1954.

Many talk about leaving a legacy, making a difference in this world and leaving this world in a better place than they found it.
They talk the talk but this man walked the walk on the sports fields and, along with his wife, even more in life.

If you want to look for the best example of how to lead a fulfilled and most rounded successful life look no further than this couple.
You will be hard pressed to find a better example.

Attachments

• bart-starr-1558885919.jpg
    bart-starr-1558885919.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 97
  • YQW34M3BDFF3JCIUWAU5NY5PG4.jpg
    YQW34M3BDFF3JCIUWAU5NY5PG4.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom