Got Permission

SpringTxDigger

So i started hunting like back in 2003. Was out of the hobby the last few years while rebuilding a vehicle. Just recently got back in. Back in the day I had a really good spot to hunt. Most of my best finds came from there. Well it's supposedly off limits these days. So lately I've been hitting the normal schools and parks. Have been missing finding the really good stuff. And seeing all the good stuff everyone else is finding!

So I've been on here reading about door knocking and such. Trying to figure out how to up my game. Actually went online today and ordered some cards. But anyway I was looking at a FB post someone posted recently in a nearby small town. It was like 5 guys on horseback in front of an old store. I commented asking if the store was still there. Someone said no it's where the Shell station is now. This town popped up around 1850. Anyway someone else commented about the pic and how she lives in this one persons old house. Says she's the second owner of this 95 year old house. She mentions her love for history. So I replied to her and explained my love of history and asked if I could metal detect her yard and see what pieces of history might have been lost over the years. She comes back with "Well sure. Every time I put in a flower bed I dig up something." There's a famous store in town that's still open today and famous for their BBQ. This house was were the original owner of that store lived. The store is famous for serving BBQ to a past President of the United States.

So anyway I'm excited. And I'm going to start asking people about their yards now. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Let the networking start, my cards just came in today got 250 full color front and back for $13. I'm really thinking they will help my cause. I also picked up a yellow vest and yellow helmetšŸ˜. I'm just looking for a few cones now.

So i started hunting like back in 2003. Was out of the hobby the last few years while rebuilding a vehicle. Just recently got back in. Back in the day I had a really good spot to hunt. Most of my best finds came from there. Well it's supposedly off limits these days. So lately I've been hitting the normal schools and parks. Have been missing finding the really good stuff. And seeing all the good stuff everyone else is finding!

So I've been on here reading about door knocking and such. Trying to figure out how to up my game. Actually went online today and ordered some cards. But anyway I was looking at a FB post someone posted recently in a nearby small town. It was like 5 guys on horseback in front of an old store. I commented asking if the store was still there. Someone said no it's where the Shell station is now. This town popped up around 1850. Anyway someone else commented about the pic and how she lives in this one persons old house. Says she's the second owner of this 95 year old house. She mentions her love for history. So I replied to her and explained my love of history and asked if I could metal detect her yard and see what pieces of history might have been lost over the years. She comes back with "Well sure. Every time I put in a flower bed I dig up something." There's a famous store in town that's still open today and famous for their BBQ. This house was were the original owner of that store lived. The store is famous for serving BBQ to a past President of the United States.

So anyway I'm excited. And I'm going to start asking people about their yards now. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

How is the AT Pro treating you?
I love mine but I'm feeling the Nox600 calling.

How is the AT Pro treating you?
I love mine but I'm feeling the Nox600 calling.

I love my AT Pro. But it's pretty much all I've used over the years. Need to go see my Buddy who owns the Metal Detector store I started way back when and test drive what's out there. I might be missing out. I hear the Nox mentioned a bunch these days.

Permissions Update

OK so I made contact with the lady on FB from last week. She's a realtor. I had sent her a PM and even emailed her at her address at the real estate office. Didn't hear anything back. So I'm thinking maybe she just said yes to be nice. Well today the store that's named after the original owners of the house she's in had a car show. Took my car up there. Got to talking to the owner of the business as he owns a large lot where the store is and a section across the street where his meat processing building is. Got permission from him to hunt all that. In looking at Historic Aerials there were some houses there back in the day. At that point I decided to call the realtor lady. Got a hold of her and she was very nice. We talked for a while. She's going to talk to her husband and make sure he's OK with it. She also mentioned trying to find property markers one time with a detector and gave up. I told her she could call me anytime and I'd be happy to help. So I'm hoping to build a relationship with her and maybe find some future properties to hit also. So while I wait to hear back from her I scored my first permission with the store owner. I'm excited. My business cards are sitting down at the mailbox. It will be nice to have those available. This permission thing is not so bad after all.

I will post back once I get a chance to hit the property.

#BeepBeepDig

Good job on the permission. I have been hunting in yards in a small old town for a while now. Nothing great but I am finding old stuff (1960ish). Not many coins but auto parts, charms, a old toys etc. Red Goose Shoe token was a good conversation piece. Church yard yielded more coins, crosses, cheap jewelry and no ring tops or beer cans. :) With my AT Pro.

Looking for a Super Sniper to go on it. Roadside park drove me nuts recently.

OK so I made contact with the lady on FB from last week. She's a realtor. I had sent her a PM and even emailed her at her address at the real estate office. Didn't hear anything back. So I'm thinking maybe she just said yes to be nice. Well today the store that's named after the original owners of the house she's in had a car show. Took my car up there. Got to talking to the owner of the business as he owns a large lot where the store is and a section across the street where his meat processing building is. Got permission from him to hunt all that. In looking at Historic Aerials there were some houses there back in the day. At that point I decided to call the realtor lady. Got a hold of her and she was very nice. We talked for a while. She's going to talk to her husband and make sure he's OK with it. She also mentioned trying to find property markers one time with a detector and gave up. I told her she could call me anytime and I'd be happy to help. So I'm hoping to build a relationship with her and maybe find some future properties to hit also. So while I wait to hear back from her I scored my first permission with the store owner. I'm excited. My business cards are sitting down at the mailbox. It will be nice to have those available. This permission thing is not so bad after all.

I will post back once I get a chance to hit the property.

#BeepBeepDig

Thanks for the update Mark!

Here's the business card. I copied someone else on here for the idea. Gonna see what business I can drum up.

Business cards.jpg

Back
Top Bottom