CZ5 disc pot needs replacement

alba359

Hi, I'd like to replace (diy) a broken disc potentiometer on my CZ5. Has anyone tried this or opened up a CZ5? I'm not very good at soldering. How difficult is this repair? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Don

Thought I'd try one more time. Is changing removing and replacing the broken"disc. Potentiometer" a difficult procedure for someone who is a total novice on diy. Sincere Thanks for any replies.

I have replaced pots on 4 or 5 other MD's of my own; its not a novice job if you arent confident in your soldering/ desoldering. I would recomend you pay to have it replaced. CZ5's are sought after machines and you cant just go get another new one after all. Its very easy to foul up the board and ruin the contact and if this occurs, paying someone else to replace the pot will seem cheap.

I'm very grateful for the responses lyte78 and rocketmoon2. It's best that I get in touch with Felix as my soldering skills are fair at best. I deeply appreciate this info as this is my favorite detector, it will detect deeper with a small coil then my Garrett with a larger coil! Merry Christmas to you guys and your loved ones!

Sent the cz5 to Felix for repair, calibration for small coil and overall check. Felix who checked to assure the part is avaiable was a pleasure to talk with. I
appreciate the info on getting in touch with him lytle78. Thanks, Don

Back
Top Bottom