• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

CA beaches poised to get hit

Tom_in_CA

Elite Member
Starting Monday, and throughout the week. Monday seems to be NW effects, for my part of CA. And by Wed, some SW direction swells and winds. Tides look like they're going to cooperate this week too.

The system is dropping down from North to South, so it looks like So. CA beaches will be getting it by Tuesday, eh ? Not in time enough to coincide with Monday AM high tide time, but lingering enough to do damage by Tuesday AM's high tide, eh ?

Ok, who's going out ? :D

Thursday is supposed to be the atmospheric river. We shall see....

i had to look that up ,Although atmospheric rivers come in many shapes and sizes, those that contain the largest amounts of water vapor and the strongest winds can create extreme rainfall and floods, often by stalling over watersheds vulnerable to flooding. These events can disrupt travel, induce mudslides and cause catastrophic damage to life and property. A well-known example is the "Pineapple Express," a strong atmospheric river that is capable of bringing moisture from the tropics near Hawaii over to the U.S. West Coast.

Day 1 debrief : It was so extremely NW direction (300 to 330* ), that all the beaches in my part of CA were not hit. It was all just wind slop froth, and not waves breaking on-shore :mad:

Some more surf/swells, from a more westerly direction, slated for Wednesday into Thursday. Hopefully better results then.

Get ready Tom! Santa Cruz Mountains to get hit with maybe 1 foot! Of rain, they are evacuating, sounds like another 1982 storm!!! Let's hope all the sand goes bye bye and Davey Jones locker spits up all the Gold and silver and Platinum,Palladium jewelry!:detector::workforgold::bling::kingdances::windy::stormy::twister:

4-5' vertical cut about a mile long at a beach down here. Blowing 40-50. Caught in a major hailstorm ! Things could get very interesting around here guys. But up north , you boys been crying for an event like this for years. I expect massive pics from all your killer finds...It's going to get biblical.

Picked up 15 coins, a 925 ring, and the wind got ahold of my drivers-side door, and nearly pulled it off, it's actually dented along the front edge. Crazy.

Down by the water , the seafoam was so crazy I couldn't see what I was digging. Not to mention some falsing , just nuts !

"Im praying for an end, I'm praying for tidal waves, I want to watch it all go down, please Mother wash it all away, lyrics from ~Tool~

Down by the water , the seafoam was so crazy I couldn't see what I was digging. Not to mention some falsing , just nuts !
It was WILD out there yesterday! The sea foam, 40 mph wind and blowing sand made detecting pretty challenging. I don't know if I have ever been as exhausted after a hunt as I was yesterday.

Be careful boys! Accidents run in 3's and this community is already at 1.

Yeah, the conditions were pretty miserable. Hit Seaside Beach and the gusts made just swinging your coil a chore! Got hit by a couple of sneaker waves which pretty much soaked me from the waist down (I don't use waders, just knee high boots). A LOT of junk, but also 24 coins and a cheap costume ring. The waves were angry! Hoping to get out Wednesday. Stay safe everyone!

Maybe I'll take the drive down next week. I REALLY wanted to get out this week but with it snowing and heavy winds it wouldn't make for a good drive especially with the truck camper. Just not worth it to me.

Back
Top Bottom