hello from Former/ to be again in SC

Max houser

hello all, I was a member here a few years back when i lived in WNY, I moved to upstate SC in 2016 and had my E-trac stolen the year I moved here...I lost interest. Lately I have been bitten by the bug and am currently just a few bucks away from a new Equinox 800...yeh i know it's not the E-trac which I had mastered... but I should do alright. I'm mainly a coinshooter, and look forward to sharing my journey back as I also enjoy reading about your hunts as well!

Carry on...

ETA: I should have mentioned, some may know me by my old user name "gunwolf"... I am basically starting from scratch...can't live in the past... so the newbie status is perfect for me.;)

Last edited:
Few years ago the e trac was all the rage, everybody had to have the e trac, the nox is now the current rage, soon there will be something else. How do you keep up ? Sorry for the rant. ;) .

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Few years ago the e trac was all the rage, everybody had to have the e trac, the nox is now the current rage, soon there will be something else. How do you keep up ? Sorry for the rant. ;) .

hardly a rant...;) I would still be driving my "old technology" E-trac if someone had not needed it more than me... I was actually looking at the AT max, but I feel the Equinox will be closer to the E-trac for me.. I learned not to follow numbers as much as listen to the tones...

Its about whatever works for you & what you can afford. Ive been using a Fisher f70 for 9 years & Ive found some amazing stuff with it at half the price of a minelab. After all its all about location, if its not there you wont find it. Thanks.

Welcome back from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

In case you haven't seen them yet here are some short but very helpful tutorials on the Equinox series I found online:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpymZHu8sv5nwrk34ID53OxszE8fjuDFC

(they cover both the 600 and 800)

Gary mds5.gif

Welcome back !! I have taken breaks from detecting for various reasons in the past and it is always fun to come back. I hope the 800 works out for you. I have tried all kinds of detectors and found good stuff with each of them. So many nice machines to choose from these days if you have the cash. Looking forward to seeing your finds.

Welcome back. From the Lowcountry of SC. Unfortunately there are folks who will lift anything they can get their hands on out of a vehicle. I had a large cooler full of venison stolen out of my truck last fall. A few minutes away from the truck was all it took.

Back
Top Bottom